Mid-level Developer (Laravel)
WeddingPlanner.co.uk is one of London's hottest tech startups, building a technology-led business that is reimagining how couples plan and book their weddings. Backed by John Lewis, WeddingPlanner.co.uk uses technology to help couples with the often stressful wedding planning process while also supporting wedding suppliers in growing their businesses. With over 20,000 couples using the site to plan their weddings it has become the go to platform for couples in the UK. WeddingPlanner.co.uk is looking for a PHP (Laravel) developer with at least four years of industry experience to join the team, reporting directly to the Founder/CEO and CTO.
YOU MUST ALREADY BE BASED IN THE UK TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE
- Experienced back-end developer in PHP & Laravel
- Experienced front-end developer in responsive CSS, JQuery etc
- 4+ years of experience in complex full-stack development roles
- Experienced in best-practice workflow including version control (Git)
- Familiar with Linux server administration
- A dedication to the highest quality programming work and attention to detail.
- High-level skills & opinions on company-wide technical strategy and direction.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage projects.
- The ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- The ability to work independently and lead a close-knit team of programmers.
Extra credit for being a total Linux fiend, DNS ninja, extensive open-source Github contributions or generally demonstrating all-round technical knowledge and enthusiasm developed over many years.
As well as engaging work and exciting long term opportunities, the company has a relaxed working environment with a lively and sociable team. While the team are very target driven, they place a lot of importance on building new relationships and celebrating successes. Culture is really important to us and the team has lunch together every day and regular afterwork drinks at the pub. The company is based in a start-up hub at the heart of Shoreditch, next to Spitalfields with a wide range of lunch options.The Application Process
The application process will involve a techncial test and interview in our office in London E1. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
WeddingPlanner.co.uk is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.Benefits
- A competitive Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Cool start-up office space next to Spitalfields Market
- Regular socials and parties