We have an opportunity for a Case Officer to join the team based in Wilmslow. This is a permanent position and we have both full time and part time positions available. You will receive a salary of £21,001 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
As an independent body serving the public, we uphold information rights for all. We do this by promoting openness in public bodies, as well as data privacy for individuals. As well as this, we oversee legislation that ensures people’s data is secure, accurate and robustly managed.
As a Case Officer you’ll work in one of our operational areas which may include providing advice to the public and organisations, handling complaints and concerns, enforcement or audit activities. Wherever you join us, you’ll be responsible for taking cases to a clear and consistent outcome, in line with our policies and operational strategy.
Why work for ICO? As a Case Office you will receive;
- Flexible working hours, including flexi leave
- Civil Service Pension Arrangements
- 25 days’ paid holiday a year with options to buy, sell, and bank days
- Extra “privilege” days in addition to normal public holidays
- Compressed working-hours options
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Health cash plan
- Colleague assistance scheme
- Access to many discounted products and services
- Welfare and family friendly policies
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Staff medical scheme and eyesight testing
Our ideal Case Officer will have the below skills and experience:
- Degree, equivalent qualification or relevant work experience
- Be a confident communicator who can deal with both customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong judgement, intellect and initiative to give you the ability to handle your casework autonomously and confidently.
- As legislation changes, you’ll develop your expertise accordingly.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 29th April 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become a Case Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today!
The ICO is committed to Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.