Senior Purchasing Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Senior Purchasing Manager / GBP60,000 - GBP80,000 D.O.E / North West / Permanent Role
Your new company
You will join a leading food manufacturing organisation.
Your new role
Managing the Purchasing team you will procure raw materials and services which achieve the cost, quality and technology requirements in support of the organisations strategic requirements. Ensuring control of all the purchasing processes which are critical to product safety, legality and quality to ensure product and services procured conform to defined requirements. Alongside others, key responsibilities include-
- Develop and implement robust sourcing strategies ensuring that the supply base has the capability to meet all current and future business requirements, both global and regional.
- To effectively manage the purchasing department and suppliers, by use of audit, appraisal and review systems.
- To ensure that that existing risk levels in the business are reduced, and to ensure that no new uncontrolled risks to the business are introduced.
- Conduct research and analysis which develops corporate knowledge of commodities and the supply market.
What you'll need to succeed
With strong experience in food Manufacturing you will have a full understanding on both the theory and practical issues associated to purchasing and supply. You will be able to demonstrate experience and ability to cover-
- Developing and implementing robust sourcing strategies.
- Ensuring risk levels are reduced and that no uncontrolled risks are introduced.
- Ensure good supplier relations are maintained in a professional and ethical manner.
- Research and analyse markets to improve the organisations commodity knowledge
- Ensure that best value for money is achieved
MSc (procurement) or MCIPS is beneficial but is not must have dependant on your career and sector experience.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary of GBP60,000 - GBP80,000 dependant on experience alongside employee benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.