Project Manager Utilities Area South, Sector S2
The Utilities Senior Project Manager for Area South, Sector S2 will work directly with Utilities Senior Project Manager and the area project management team to manage the delivery of the Non-contestable and Contestable utilities works for Sector S2.
The works include a mix of contestable and non-contestable deliverables containing key project milestones to enable the EWC/MWCC/MWSC phase of works. The utility works will be required to be delivered through individual complex contracting arrangements negotiated with the Utility Companies and HS2's contractors.
About the role:
- Manage the delivery of all S2 related utilities works, including effective coordination across HS2 teams ensuring that their interdependencies are incorporated;
- Support negotiation, reporting and contract processes with utility companies, local authorities and other relevant project partners;
- Assist in the development of a detailed project plan for the utilities workstream, which includes facilitating the identification of key milestones and activities;
- Chair regular meetings with utility companies to monitor the progress of the project(s) and work that needs to be completed;
- Develop and maintain effective channels of communication enabling rapid articulation of the impacts of changes to scope or late delivery, and aid the delivery teams in providing mitigation;
- Actively work to understand activities and milestones in the wider HS2 programme and ascertain their impact upon the utilities work;
- Identify and escalate risks, issues and concerns of delays promptly and effectively;
- Provide progress reports;
- Experience with contestable and non-contestable utilities;
- Project management skills gained across a range of projects, with a sound understanding of construction health and safety, project management principles and application, including construction, risk, contract and commercial management;
- Skilled in collaborating with contractors, designers, stakeholders and internal teams;
- Proven ability to engage with, influence, and manage internal and external stakeholders on contentious projects;
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with a proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrable record of working with large, complex, multi-disciplinary projects, preferably within a construction environment;
- Track record of leading large, complex projects with overall budgetary responsibility.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.