Catering Hospitality Shift Leader
Our peaceful, Christian retreat and training centre, set in the heart of the Surrey countryside, is known for its warm welcome and hospitality to guests. We are looking for someone who can lead the catering operation during a shift, liaise with guests and course leaders, and ensure that our high standards for the provision of good ‘home-cooked’ food and housekeeping are maintained.
If you have catering experience, the ability to take responsibility and deal with problems as they occur, ideally with proven experience in a supervisory role, matched with excellent people skills then we definitely want to hear from you.
We are looking for a minimum of 28 hours per week, with flexibility to work more on occasions if required. Hours are based on a rota including evening and weekend duties.
- To oversee the provision of catering to guests, ensuring that food hygiene standards are met, and maintaining the reputation for high quality, home cooked food. This will include:
- Preparation and cooking of food as part of the small hospitality team.
- Managing stocks of food and making known what requires ordering
- Managing health and safety procedures on your shift
- Making sure all staff are trained, either training them yourself or arranging training through the Wychcroft Manager
- Organising the kitchen team on your shift
- Providing a satisfactory handover to the oncoming team
- Closing down the centre at the end of the day
- Recording any required maintenance issues identified during your shift
- Providing a welcoming atmosphere to all guests.
- Providing the ‘Housekeeping information to arriving guests in the absence of the manager
- To work with the manager and the other team members to ensure all rooms and communal areas are cleaned to a high standard
The role is based at Wychcroft Retreat Centre in Bletchingley, Redhill.