Quality Inspector - Despatch
GBP18,000 - GBP24,000
We are currently recruiting for a growing Aviation organisation based in Hassocks that offers its employees a company pension scheme, BUPA Healthcare (following successful probation period), 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), annual pay reviews and the opportunity to work for an ever growing family run company.
This company is a leading dynamic and innovative specialist in the field of aircraft component support. expert, dedicated and performance driven, they pride themselves on selecting the 'best' candidates for the job.
To work as part of the Goods Dispatch team to ensure the efficient, accurate and timely dispatch of all out going shipments in accordance with company procedures and to meet all operational requirements. Provide the highest level of service to all departments and customers.
This company operate 24 hours a day, therefore they need someone who is flexible to work a shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 off (including bank holidays) 7am - 7pm.
- Pick and Inspect parts for dispatch
- Evaluate all certification and documentation
- Liaise with Logistics department and resolve any discrepancies and issues
- Ensure items are packed to shipping requirements and regulations
- Correctly identify, pack and raise HAZMAT documentation
- Calculate weights and dimensions
- Input and record relevant data on IT systems
- Move and handle all parts and other products in accordance with company regulations
- Use Counter balance/Reach Forklift equipment within the warehouse
- Liaise effectively with freight and courier companies on all shipments as required
The right candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Good knowledge of warehouse disciplines
- Working experience and knowledge of Aircraft Spares Parts
- Awareness of component conditions, certification and airworthiness regulations
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a busy environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Good organisation skills with ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Numerate, methodical and accurate with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexibility in working hours
- Ability to undertake physical tasks within Health and Safety guidelines
Due to location you must be able to drive and the ideal candidate will have a forklift license
If this Warehouse Assistant role based in Hassocks is of interest please call Ellie on or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.