Assistant Product Manager
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers' pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
- To support the Product Manager in the delivery of the business objectives, principally to facilitate product launches and repricing and ensure that deadlines are met. Errors or omissions in any part of the product implementation process could lead to significant impact on the business, therefore, it is the Assistant Product Manager's responsibility to ensure a "right first time" approach. The role also includes carrying out market research and competitor analysis. Supporting the wider Product Team with administrative duties will also be a requirement of the role holder.
- Identify industry data to enhance and maintain competitor and market analysis, identifying LGHF's competitive position in each of the product segments.
- Identify pricing opportunities and assist the Product Manager in the development of pricing proposals to gain and maintain competitive advantage and contribute to sales and margin targets.
- Assist in the delivery of price changes within the agreed timescales, including documentation, system testing, update of intermediary portals and communications.
- Prepare management information and research, including indicators of potential customer misunderstanding or product/process failures, to determine product performance and identify opportunities in the areas of product design, operations, literature and marketing communications.
- Manage internal stakeholders, for example during the delivery of product and price changes, provide new product information and product related updates to all areas of the business, such as Marketing, Transformation, Operations and Distribution.
- Collate MI for Monthly Product Review meetings and accurately document discussions and actions as well as other meetings as required.
- Review of marketing materials and product literature to ensure consistency and product accuracy.
- Document and maintain product processes as required.
- Where required, support the wider Product team functions.
- Treating Customers Fairly: Manage products to ensure that customers are provided with clear information before, during and after the point of sale.
- Skills Required
- Experience in product management would be an advantage, although not essential.
- Some knowledge of financial services, mortgages and/or lifetime mortgage lending would be an advantage, although not essential.
- A high degree of internal liaison across the business is required therefore, effective written and communication skills are essential.
- Comfortable with working independently and eager to assume ownership of tasks.
- The role holder should be able to use their own initiative and have an excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to create good working relationships, a good team player, contributing ideas and putting team objectives first.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information on this role, please contact Helen Brockbank, Resourcing Lead -