We are looking for a full-stack Developer to join our growing App Development team. You will join a team responsible for delivering everything from bespoke websites to the underlying Business Cash Advance system.
This role is an opportunity to join a fast-paced small business with significant growth plans. The successful candidate will need an entrepreneurial spirit, and a start-up attitude.
Technology will be at the heart of Liberis' growth, and this role will have a big part to play in how our customers interact with us using technology.
We work using the Kanban method with a strong focus on Lean Software Development. We make continuous improvement through regular Kaizen sessions to. Our development process uses continuous deployment with a combination of unit, regression and integration tests running in our CI environment. Continuous improvement also extends to the way we develop our websites; we use metrics and user recordings to gain insight from real customer experiences, and turn these in to improvements for our online experiences.Skills Technology, Problem Solving, Communication, Developer, Self-motivated, Start-up, GitHub, Git, MongoDB, AngularJS, RabbitMQ, FinTech, Full-Stack Developer, Typescript, Automated Testing, Self-disciplined, Microsoft Azure, C#, Node.js, consumer-facing websites, internal websites, Elm-lang, messaging technologies, document databases, App Development team, Business Cash Advance system Sectors Responsibilities
- Scope, design, development, and support for all our bespoke software systems. These include web-based UIs, back-end services, HTTP APIs, and Salesforce. As part of a multi-skilled team you will be expected to make changes throughout our application stack.
- Writing front-end software that adapts easily to change including, for example, writing software that could be deployed separately with multiple brands simultaneously.
- Prototyping and helping to design any new products or features for our applications.
- Keep on top of current market trends in the web and bring best practice guidance to the whole team.
- Be engaged within the team and contribute to continuous improvement, code reviews and design decisions.
- Be self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Be adept at working with people from all areas of the business (both technical, and non-technical).
- Can prioritise your workload and be able to maintain the flow of delivery that the team aims to achieve.
- Can understand the business needs and be proactive in recommending changes.
- Be confident in implementing changes, and keeping focussed during times of change and uncertainty.
- Can give and receiving feedback to help push yourself, the team, and the company.
- Experience building and maintaining consumer-facing websites and internal websites. Elm-lang and AngularJS (using TypeScript) experience would be a bonus.
- Experience building applications with an API-first mindset.
- Experience building back-end services using Node.js and C#.
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- A test-first drive to making changes and solving problems.
- Experience of good, automated testing principles and using a range of tools and techniques for browser based testing
- Understanding or experience of messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience with document databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience designing and building systems in Microsoft Azure (or similar).
- Ability and willingness to travel - primarily to our offices in Hammersmith, London.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- The drive to constantly learn and improve.