Building Inspector (North East Bristol)
NHBC has an exciting opportunity for a Building Inspector to join the team based in the North East Bristol, Westerleigh, Pucklechurch area. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of GBP29,500 - GBP34,000 per annum.
Our purpose is to work with the house building industry to raise the standards of new homes and provide protection for homeowners. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
The UK continues to see an increase in the number of new homes being built and the opportunities here are immense. Join us and we'll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment.
About the Building Inspector role
To assist in improving the quality of new homes by:
- working effectively with site managers and site trades to ensure new homes meet NHBC Standards, Building regulations and associated legislation
- performing key stage inspections: Foundation, Superstructure, First Fix (Pre-Plaster), Pre-Handover
- working with site personal to develop good customer relations and promote the value and benefits of working in partnership with NHBC.
NHBC Building Inspector roles are home based and due to the nature of these roles, a full UK driving licence is essential and you must live within or close to the advertised inspection area. Your role will involve climbing ladders and working at height.
Our ideal Building Inspector
You can demonstrate experience onsite during the residential house building process and understand the key build stages and how trades interact. Your knowledge of house building construction will ideally be backed up by a construction related qualification such as NVQ, HNC, HND, C&Gs or equivalent, however training can be offered to NVQ level 6 in Site Inspection.
A focus on quality and keen interest in learning, keeping up to date with industry standards, improvements and developments are key attributes. You are able to gather and analyse information from a variety of sources to support decision making. In additional to your technical expertise you can demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability build rapport, establish credibility and build effective relationships with customers and colleagues.
Your ability to tailor your communication style to suit the audience will enable you to influence and deal with conflict or disagreements in an assertive manner whilst maintaining your position as a trusted advisor onsite. You have good written communication skills, able to produce accurate reports and maintain the site record book with good IT literacy and the ability to learn new software packages.
(Typical background for an NHBC Building Inspector could be Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Construction Project Manager, Contracts Manager, Building Control Surveyor, Warranty Surveyor, Building Standards Officer, Clerk of Works, Bricklayer, Joiner, Carpenter, Architectural Technician, Construction Lecturer on similar).
Salary / Benefits:
- GBP29,500 - GBP34,000 (depending on experience, home location and including remote worker allowance).
- 6% bonus.
- Company car.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Building Inspector then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!