State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, South Africa and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
For the Portfolio Control the candidate will be responsible for various functions and tasks including overdraft monitoring and resolution, material break review, month end books close however focusing mostly on stale balance monitoring and review. The role is client facing, including answering queries from clients over the phone or in writing, working with the COOs to provide timely and accurate responses to ad-hoc client queries, participating in client meetings and representing the business unit.
- Monitor and control the stale cash balance exception reporting for clients.
- Assist with the timely investigation and resolution of data related queries, raised by both internal and external business areas.
- Take ownership of OCF checks, overdraft monitoring, material break investigation, month end books close and reopening process
- Participate in local / global projects and initiatives, taking a lead role where required.
- Coordinate with internal departments to meet client needs
- Have the ability to represent State Street in front of a client
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Skills / Abilities
- Degree and 1-3 years asset management operational experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good leadership and team working skills.
- Strong communication skills to audiences of different levels of seniority.
- PC literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Other: Flexible working hours may be required.