Contracts Manager, IT Sourcing
Requisition No.: 156704
Location: Islandia, NY, US
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It's our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here!
The role will be responsible for the end-to-end sourcing process which includes leading sourcing initiatives for assigned (category(s) or sub-category(s), supplier contract negotiations of legal and commercial terms, red-lining, and drafting of agreements. Drive internal customer engagement that meet their expectations and ensure supplier performance reviews are facilitated by the agreed upon timeframes.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality - and we're searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world's most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit
About the Role
In this role, you'll help support CA Technologies charter to transform the IT industry.
You will be:
- Responsible for Contract Negotiations:
- Develops, drafts, red-lines, negotiates, executes and manages contracts for the category or subset
- Actively participates and leads contract negotiation discussions with Suppliers, Contracts Governance, and the Business to successful completion
- Provides contracts' synopses of legal and commercial terms to the business at the close of a project and leverages contract abstracts
- Leads the end to end lifecycle of assigned sub-category and/or sourcing projects:
- Develops and manages RFx processes as needed
- Identifies and translates business requirements into business metrics, SLA's and other commercial terms for contract inclusion
- Coordinates completion of vendor onboarding and suppler risk assessment activities
- Participates in the development and execution of the category sourcing plan through the use and analysis of Spend Visibility, market research, and existing product/services being consumed
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal customers with a goal of becoming a trusted partner
- Works in a matrixed, global, and agile environment. Participates in meetings with regional counterparts to discuss opportunities to bring value to the business and reports on progress/future projects
- Manage assigned Supplier Relationships:
- Understands all aspects of legal and commercial contractual terms and business consumption to drive a holistic view of the supplier relationship
- Leads supplier business reviews by leveraging performance scorecards to help drive supplier performance optimization
- Works on special projects to drive greater value and efficiency to the business
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, agility of internal Sourcing processes ultimately improving the customer experience and elevating the Sourcing organization
How You'll Stand Out:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented. An ideal background will include:
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- Typically, 7 or more years of experience in Sourcing or a related area.
- Strong technical contracting skills including drafting of new contracts
- Strong negotiations skills including legal terms and conditions and commercial terms
- Strong technical Sourcing skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Influencing Skills
- Oral and Written Communications
- Project Management
- Spend Data Analysis/financial analysis
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Time management
- Has experience working in a multi-national, matrixed environment
- Collaborates effectively with internal customers, stakeholders, and procurement counterparts
- Understand the organization's strategic position and external industry/trends
- Ability to develop business relationships within the organization and across internal customers
- Can use technology effectively
- Knowledge of Ariba is strongly preferred
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years - and there's a reason for that. Here you'll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package -all while pushing the boundaries of what's "possible" by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA's fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a "driver"
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Our Islandia, NY campus offers several amenities, including:
• Gourmet cafeteria with wide selection of cuisine
• Montessori Child Development Center for children up to the age of six
• Banking services
• Fitness Center (state of the art facility complete with indoor full court basketball, indoor racquetball courts, cardio studio, outside running track, soccer fields, tennis courts)
• Concierge services (dry cleaning, package shipping, stamps and movie rentals)
• On-site chiropractor
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you'll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty