Opportunity for a toolmaker to join a growing and prosperous engineering company who supply services to some of South Wales’s largest manufacturing / engineering organisations. They have experienced an increase in turnover and are now looking to hire an additional toolmaker who will assist in the manufacturing of bespoke products for the aerospace, oil & gas and steel sectors.
As a toolmaker, your responsibilities will include:
- Utilising various machinery such as lathes, presses and milling machines to manufacture tools
- Using 2D and 3D computer-aided design and manufacturing software such as CAD and CAM.
- Checking product dimensions and specifications using measurement equipment such as micrometres, gauges and vernier callipers.
- Monitoring manufacturing / engineering tools for any faults to minimise production downtime.
To be successful in your application for the toolmaker position, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of milling and turning.
- A relevant engineering qualification (time served apprenticeship desirable).
- Experience of operating and setting CNC machines is desirable.
In return, the toolmaker will receive an annual salary of between £20,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience) plus up to £200 per week in overtime if wanted, pension, holidays etc. The role is based on days Monday to Friday, 7.30am – 4 pm (Mon-Thurs) and 7.30am to 1.30pm (Fri