Supporter Engagement Manager
Would you like to be part of the team at one of the top five most visited National Trust properties in the county? We're looking for a talented individual to be part of our Senior Management team here at Clumber Park to support the strategic planning and overall management of our visitor engagement offering. If you've had previous experience of working in a visitor operations environment, then this could be the role for you.
What it's like to work here
Clumber Park is a beautiful expanse of parkland, heath and woods covering more than 3,800 acres. Clumber was once the country estate of the Dukes of Newcastle. Although the house was demolished in 1938, there are many glimpses of its grand past to explore. From the Gothic-style chapel, often referred to as a 'Cathedral in miniature', you can follow in the footsteps of the Dukes through the peaceful pleasure ground to the Walled Kitchen Garden where you can experience sights, scents and tastes of the past.
Clumber Park is a special and important place, one of just a handful of Grade 1 registered parks in the country. We are currently undertaking a 10 year, GBP9 million investment programme which has specific focus on conservation and improving our experience for the 650,000 visitors we welcome to Clumber Park each year, as well as ensuring our financial stability for the future.
What you'll be doing
As our Supporter Engagement Manager, you'll be involved in the overall management of our visitor engagement offering which includes; Visitor Welcome, Membership and Fundraising. We want to ensure that our visitor engagement and wider community engagement is the best it can be, instilling a culture of 'exceptional service, every time, for everyone'. This will include not only being an inspiring leader to our current team members, and supporting them in their own personal development, but also recruiting talented individuals to join us. Of course, we can't do all that we do without the help of our dedicated volunteers; so another aspect of your role will be to support volunteer inclusion across clumber Park, and continue to promote our volunteering opportunities.
You'll seek out new opportunities to help drive income and support innovation, whilst ensuring you and the wider team links everything back to our greater conservation cause. You'll coach and motivate our teams to maximise revenue, whilst also ensuring they talk to our visitors about the brilliant conservation work we do and the projects their money will be supporting.
You'll also manage operational, delegated and project budgets and be responsible for setting, monitoring and achieving targets across our visitor engagement. You'll also be managing risks, ensuring our teams work safely and are complaint with the Trust's legislation to minimise risk to the public, volunteers, staff and contractors.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have;
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g. Tourism, Hospitality, Visitor Attractions, Business Management or Heritage Management)
- Excellent people and influencing skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- Experience of setting and delivering performance targets through a team
- Fantastic leadership skills
- Previous experience of managing budgets and margins to maximise income and control costs
- Great project management skills
- Excellent communication skills including; written, verbal, presenting, facilitation and training
- Previous operation experience in visitor operations
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking