Senior Finance Specialist Job
Requisition ID: 179395
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The position is located in London. The Revenue Recognition Senior Specialist for the UK&I market unit acts as business partner, supporting the Field / Business (software sales and consulting) and is responsible to secure compliance to revenue recognition standards (SAP internal revenue recognition policies and International Accounting standards). In order to ensure excellent business support, he/she is embedded in a three-tier revenue recognition community model, and receives support from regional revenue recognition expert (2nd level) and if needed from Corporate Financial Reporting (3rd level).
As a business partner, the senior revenue recognition specialist takes an active part in the structuring and engineering of commercial proposals and contractual documents, in advance of deal closing. He/she supports to field / business by providing revenue recognition guidance and advice in order to (i) maximize the revenue recognized, and (ii) enable corrective actions before deal closure. He/she is also responsible for securing compliance to internal revenue recognition guidance and internal standards.
The senior revenue recognition specialist is responsible for keeping up to date with revenue recognition policies rolled out by SAP Corporate and for spreading appropriate basic knowledge on revenue recognition matters into the business and other Deal Support functions.
The position reports to the Head of EMEA Revenue Recognition with a strong dotted line into the local Chief Finance Officer of SAP UK&I.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Support the field in structuring commercial proposals and contractual documents, especially during quarter-end periods ;
- Enforce compliance to SAP Group revenue recognition policies and internal accounting standards;
- Actively communicate and interact with the field and other finance department to ensure alignment on revenue recognition issues (e.g. : to ensure revenue forecast accuracy);
- Review and approve the "Deal Approval Forms" and consulting quotations summarizing the terms and conditions of commercial proposals and/or contracts in advance of release to customers;
- Align with regional revenue recognition team and SAP Corporate functions as appropriate;
- Is responsible to review the software, cloud and maintenance contracts to ensure the transactions are accurately accounted for, especially with respect to allocation of revenue in various categories (services, license, etc.) and timing of recognition;
- Prepare accounting memorandums on complex and large transactions as appropriate;
- Identify month-end journal entries (software deferrals, revenue adjustments, etc.), prepare supporting documentation, and communicate to accounting department for booking ;
- Act as a first point of contact on the revenue recognition matters with internal and external auditors;
- Deliver regular training sessions to spread basic revenue recognition knowledge into the field;
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- The role requires the candidate to be fluent in English
- Business School diploma or university degree in business administration with special topics in finance and accounting / auditing;
- Ability to interact and communicate with various stakeholders (sales, operations, finance community, auditors, etc.);
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate point of view in a clear and assertive fashion;
- Ability to focus on the overall picture, solve problems and provide operational and decision support;
- Thorough understanding of IFRS15 accounting rules, specifically with the specifics of cloud and software;
- Prior experience in software revenue recognition is a must; knowledge of SAP systems and specificities is a strong plus
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in accounting, finance or financial reporting area for a listed software editor or listed IT company;
- Knowledge of basic legal concepts
COMPETITIVE SALARY PACKAGE (PLUS BONUS AND BENEFITS)
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS March 21st 2018
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS April 19th 2018
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Segment: Corporate Finance, Financial, ERP, Consulting, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering