Assistant Quality Manager
Our high quality Sheet Metal Engineering company is seeking to appoint an Assistant Quality Manager ASAP to join them on a contract basis to start with, with the possibility of this going permanent in the near future.
Our client is a leading manufacturing company specialising in the production of a bespoke range of high tech engineering components - located on the north side of Hitchin.
The Assistant Quality Manager reports directly into the Quality Manager in this business, and who is ultimately responsible for exceeding customer and stakeholder expectations by maintaining and driving standards within the business.
Your role will be to support the manager ensuring continuous improvement, lean techniques and right first time thinking!
The role is a on a temp basis to begin with, with the possibility of this turning permanent in the future.
The role will see the successful person, have the following responsibilities:
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met.
- Be the voice of the customer and set standards accordingly.
- Specifying quality requirements of raw materials and service with suppliers.
- Investigating and setting standards to ensure industry leading quality of product and service.
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures.
- Helping to determine training needs.
You must have a recent and proven track record working in manufacturing and be able to show demonstrable capability in the following areas:
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality
- Directing objectives to maximise profitability
- Maintain the requirements of ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Review all certification and ensure high standards are met and achieved on time, every time.
- Use data and KPI's to drive behaviour.
- Be a visible presence on the shop floor and ensure quality is at the forefront of everyone's minds.
- Equally at home in front of customers, Senior Management team, shop floor or the Board.