SAP Ariba - Services Sales Engagement Manager (SSEM) - UK Job
3 days left
- Full Time
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 70%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, from within SAP's Business Network Group board area, the SSEM is primarily responsibility for achieving their booking target for services sold directly to clients or to SAP partners. Frequently this will be attached to software subscriptions but will also be sold as additional value added services to customers.
The successful candidate has to closely align their activities and sales approach with the SAP Ariba Delivery teams, the Service Account Manager (SAM) and Software Sales Colleagues for a joint customer approach along with relevant stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following three core competencies
- Strong software related services sales experience
- Proven SRM, Procurement or related software and or industry experience
- Experience with Cloud SaaS solutions and related services
While the position is primarily focused in the UK, work will be required throughout the EMEA region.
The SSEM will identify and qualify sales opportunities, develop and drive internal account strategy and external executive relationships within each customer account, while actively including, leveraging, and partnering with the regional/market unit SAMs, Consulting teams, SW Account Executives and Global Account Directors. The SSEM will assume ownership for sales generation within assigned areas and proactively build pipeline.
This position will have responsibility for defining implementation and value added services across existing and emerging clients of the SAP Ariba solution suite and the Ariba network. The SSEM works closely with customers and partners to ensure the overall understanding of the value proposition of SAP Services, and is expected to be a significant contributor to the overall success of the of the SAP Ariba network acceleration.
Expectations and Tasks
Develop and execute on an account and territory strategy for the SRM/Procurement space in conjunction with other SAP stakeholders (regional, Cluster, MU) in order to meet yearly targets
- Build and manage sales funnel for SAP Ariba services
- Develop an account strategy in a sophisticated and complex business environment
- Drive and support SAP Ariba GTM campaigns in alignment with Subscription Sales and stand-alone for services
- Accurately maintain forecast for defined territory
- Execute and close business in strategic deals through solution/services differentiation and thought leadership
- Effectively Scope and estimate services opportunities
- Create comprehensive Statements of Work (SOW's)
- Manage internal and external processes to effectively execute the sales cycle in effective and timely manner
Key Success Factors
- Meet and exceed quarterly and yearly quota assignment
- Customer satisfaction and references
- Maintain an accurate and documented pipeline of opportunities (prospects and suspects) and provide appropriate communication of opportunities to SAP Ariba management
- Continuously gather knowledge of competitors and how to effectively position SAP Ariba solutions against them
- Continue to build and grow personal knowledge of industry trends and company product offerings, as well as your general business awareness
- Review, establish and implement a personal training plan to facilitate your ongoing growth and professional development at SAP
Works Experience and Qualifications
- 5 - 7 plus years direct quota carrying selling experience in the enterprise software and services industry.
- Experience with Cloud or SaaS sales
- Experience selling consulting/professional services for procurement and/or SRM
- Knowledge of SAPs Partners, Competitors and the regional IT Industry
- Must be able to manage multiple deals concurrently and manage time effectively
- B.A./B.S. required, M.A./M.B.A preferred
- Value based selling methodologies
- Comfortable and experienced with senior executive audiences and a very professional and mature customer interfacing profile
- Excellent good presentation skills
- Energetic and goal-oriented, strong leadership qualities
- Ability to adjust messaging by audience (Executive, Procurement, IT)
- Ability to drive cross functional communications and planning
- Capacity for creative/innovative thinking and analysis
- Ability to be extremely proactive and responsive
- Ability to build customer relationships and trust
- Setting personal objectives
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Job Segment: Sales Management, SAP, ERP, Consulting, Sales, Technology