Embedded Software Engineer - Imaging
We are specialists in image processing and computational photography. The company uses patented algorithms in combination with state of the art machine learning techniques to solve challenging image processing problems, including multi spectral fusion and multi sensor registration among others.
We are growing fast and are now looking for an embedded software engineer to implement our technology onto real-time platforms used in consumer electronics products and services. Initial tasks will include implementation of our algorithms in order to create real-time licensable IP products for smartphone photography and/or video enhancement with colour filtering for content delivery.
The key duties are:
- Software implementation of our algorithms on platforms used in smartphones and/or video encoders
- Optimising code to make best use of memory and CPU or GPU resources
- Integration of optimised code into demonstration apps to showcase our technology to the mobile and/or TV industries
- Support for integration of our algorithms into customer platforms
- Definition of SW solution architecture for a given project specification
The key skills are:
• SW architect skills, cross platform project development
- Real-time programming in C, C++
• Ability to optimise code to obtain maximum performance from compute resource available
• Android/Linux programming experience and knowledge of hardware platforms
• Knowledge and experience of camera ISP architectures and/or video pipelines
• Good mathematical background to enable understanding of our algorithms, with minimum first degree in a mathematical, scientific or technology subject
• Good communication and team-working skills
The following additional skills would be an advantage:
- Experience of software development for GPUs and languages such as OpenGL/CL, CUDA
- Driver development for cameras and sensors on Linux platforms
- Knowledge of image processing algorithms, e.g de-noising or image registration algorithms
- Understanding of MATLAB for translation into real-time code
- Video and photo compression and codec technology, e.g. H.264, HEVC, JPEG
This is a full-time position based in Cambridge.