Transport Planner / Logistics Coordinator
Job Title: Transport Planner
Location: London, Heathrow
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. They operate a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and employs around 16,000 people worldwide.
Due to the expansion the company is now looking to hire a Transport Planner to provide central planning and execution for pick up and deliveries within the UK for internal customers and departments.
- Facilitate processes/administration to ensure Transport Operations and practices run as smoothly as possible.
- To co-ordinate with various departments and 3rd party providers;
- Scheduling of Domestic Fleet Vehicles according to customer requirements including the effective route-planning, on-time delivery and efficient service to customers.
- Scheduling of Local Fleet Vehicles according to customer requirements including the effective route-planning, on-time delivery and efficient service to customers.
- Dealing with all invoice related queries
- Providing Proof of Deliveries
- Delivering individual and departmental KPI's
- Pro-actively identify areas for improvement/growth to achieve maximum profitability and in turn manage the effective utilization of relevant assets/resources.
- Ensure pricing/quotations are submitted upon request within timescale (acceptable to customer).
- Ability to multi-skill/work cross-departmental as required and to assist other team members with workload as required.
- Appropriate knowledge of the job to be able to train new members of staff/'buddy' as necessary.
- Responsible for delegating tasks/jobs to drivers with best utilization of resources, time and scheduling to ensure effective utilization of assets in accordance with customer demands.
- Responsibility for working towards SOP's as per IMS Manual and complying with guidelines as applicable.
- Ensures compliance with Government Agencies including VOSA, Department for Transport etc to ensure relevant documentation is received and maintained.
- Focus on Customer Service delivery with regards to meeting customer demands.
- The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company's business.
Skills & Competencies:
- Communication - to add value through clear communication within team members/drivers on a daily basis.
- Team Working - to be an effective, pro-active team member.
- Decision Making - to work upon own initiative and make informed decisions as appropriate within remit.
- Time Management - ability to plan and schedule time accordingly, including the prioritization of tasks within the department.
- Strong computer skills on Microsoft Office
- The ability to adapt to in-house operating systems
Education & Work Experience:
- Awareness of Dangerous Goods by Road.
- Commercial experience at this level
- Transport functional experience
- Advanced level or fluent in local language (spoken and written)
Specifics for Job / Environment:
Given immigration restrictions in the UK/IE, work permits for this position for non EU nationals are unlikely to be granted. In the circumstances, non EU nationals who do not already have the right to work in the UK should ensure that they will be granted such a permit before applying.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Logistics Manager, Distribution Controller, Fleet Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics Supervisor, Transport Supervisor, Logistics Coordinator, Transportation Manager, Freight Manager, Transport Planner, Supply Chain Controller, Cargo Manager, Transport Coordinator, Shipment and Logistics Manager, Distribution Coordinator, Transport Operations Manager, Supply Chain Coordinator may also be considered for this role.