Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
Things you'll be working on
You will be working on a range of web applications (from bespoke MVC apps to Umbraco CMS), web services (we have a RESTful public API using OAuth 2.0 authentication, and an internal WCF/SOAP web service for inter-app comms), back-end code (integrating with third party APIs and our SQL Server databases), and our mobile app for iOS and Android, built using Ionic 3 (AngularJS).
You will contribute to product design and architecture, decision making and planning, code reviewing and coaching/mentoring.
As a team we aim to write quality, high performance code, and release new features often (several times a week). We love CI/CD (we use TFS for builds and Octopus for releases) and are investing heavily in DevOps. We practice Agile development using Scrum.
Our recent announcement with Aviva means new development projects will kick off imminently, the first of which will be integrating our service into MyAviva.
This role also represents a fantastic opportunity for career progression, as we will be dividing the team into multiple teams in the future, and team leader positions will open up.
Contracted hours are 37.5 hours per week, with scope for flexible working.
Things you'll need
- Extensive experience in a senior or lead software developer position
- Strong knowledge of web development, and software development principles
- A deep understanding of Microsoft technologies (C#, .NET 4.5+, SQL Server)
- Experience using Visual Studio and Source Control (TFS, VSTS)
- Proven ability to manage projects and timelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
What will make you stand out
We understand that everyone is different and not everyone has had the same experience. Whilst you may not tick all the boxes, there are some things that may give you an edge???
- Team leadership or management experience
- Scrum certifications e.g. CSM or experience working in a scrum environment
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Docker etc.)
- DevOps/CI/CD/Automation experience
- Creative/front-end skills
- Conversant in multiple technologies and languages
- A passion for start-ups or FinTech
- A genuine interest in cutting edge technologies
- Prior experience working in a start-up
What you get
- 24 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (increases to 28 through length of service)
- Work in one of the hottest tech start-ups in Cardiff
- Brand new offices
- Free gym
- Unlimited tea or coffee
- Games room (and a table tennis league!)
- Amazing (and modest!) teammates
- Great company socials organised by our very own Ministry of Fun
- Access to training resources
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Company Pension Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Applicants must be based in the UK and able to work at our office (i.e. no remote/offshore possibility).Skills SQL, REST, AngularJS, API, MVC, umbraco, .NET, C# Sectors