About the role
The Manager - MAM (Macquarie Asset Management) Finance, EMEA, is a key member of a team responsible for management and statutory reporting for the MAM business in Europe, predominantly focused on activities falling within the Non Group functional work-stream.
The MAM Finance team in London manages the finance function of Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) investment vehicles investing in infrastructure and real assets throughout Europe, with the aim of providing income and capital growth to investors. MIRA is the world's largest infrastructure asset manager with growing portfolios in real estate, agriculture and energy.
Find out more about
- Providing accounting consultation and advice to the MAM business teams and MIRA asset finance teams;
- Oversight of external service providers and asset finance teams, including review of financial statements, tax calculations and reconciliations;
- Coordinating preparation of Non Group financial statements and other reporting obligations for MIRA funds, including the Offshore Wind Fund, and their subsidiaries, including, where required, liaison with asset finance teams, external service providers, auditors and other commercial counterparties;
- When required assist in the financial administration set up of any new funds including subsequent integration of any assets acquired into the Fund and the MIRA operating model;
- Review of board papers and presentation of these papers to entity boards as required;
- Acting as a gateway to MAM Finance for interested parties, including co-ordination of ad hoc reporting or responses to individual questions (including co-ordinating fund information for Investors);
- Assisting other accountants within the wider FMG Division including the Global Financial Services team, as required, from both a technical and practical perspective; and
- Ensuring the Group Financial Control framework is adhered to by the MAM team and that proper due diligence processes are undertaken in relation to the Group's year-end and half-year reporting to the market.
You will have:
- A University degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, with the technical competency to be able to deal with complex group structures and accounting issues.
- Experience/understanding of IFRS, UK GAAP, consolidations and multi-currency environments
- Advanced excel skills along with a high level of IT literacy.
- Ambition, with a high level of energy and commitment
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision and be able to meet tight deadlines
- A high level of accuracy, and be able to adopt a right first time approach
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.