About the role
Balfour Beatty currently has an opportunity for a Bridge Inspector to join our Regional team based in Polmadie, Glasgow.
In this role you will assist the Bridges Manager and Structures Inspection team in carrying out principal and general inspections.
The successful candidate will hold or be working towards their BICS (Bridge Inspection Competency Scheme).
What you'll be doing
As a Bridge Inspector you will:
- Carry out Principal and General Inspections for trunk road bridges (comprising steel, concrete and masonry), retaining walls and high mast lights
- Ensure current inspection standards are known and adhered to
- Use and update the Structures Management System (SMS)
- Produce inspection reports identifying any areas of concern immediately to the Bridge Manager
- Assist with the organisation of the traffic management, testing, plant and workforce to complete all aspects of the inspections.
Who we're looking for
To be sucessful in this role, you will:
- Hold a full driving licence
- Have experience in the inspection of structures (bridges, retaining walls, culverts etc)
- Hold a ONC/HNC (or working towards) in Civil Engineering, or other appropriate qualifications
- Be a Technician or Incorporated member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Have knowledge of the Highways Agency Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.