Clerk to the Governors Administration - Part-time
5 days left
- Part Time
Pay: GBP12 per hour-see advert for details
Start Date: Apr 2018
Clerk to the Board of Governors
Required After Easter 2018
The Governors of Whitstable Junior School are looking to employ a Clerk to the Governors to organise, attend and clerk all meetings; provide legal and other updates to the Board of Governors and Chairman.
- Clerking during meetings of the Full Governing Body (six a year)
- Preparation and circulation of agendas
- Typing up of minutes and circulation to governors within two weeks of the meeting Filing paperwork and governor records and keeping Intranet system up to date with e copies of these documents
- Governor correspondence
- Overview of governor appointments and administration of Parental Elections
- Liaison with Chair of Governors & Committees, Head Teacher & School Business Manager over matters connected with the Governing Body
You Will Need:
- Good attention to details
- The ability to compile accurate minutes
- The ability to manage a fluctuating workload
- To attend approximately six meetings per year which are held in the evenings during term time, with occasional extra-ordinary meetings
- Proficient IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Absolute confidentiality
Salary; GBP12 per hour (7 meetings and 12 hours allocated per meeting) paid on a monthly claim basis
To apply for this post please complete an application form (available from Mrs Amos, School Business Manager) and send this along with a letter of application, by post or email. No application will be considered unless it is accompanied by a completed application form.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
All appointments to Whitstable Junior School are conditional upon the receipt of at least two satisfactory confidential, professional references and a clear DBS Check.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Closing Date: 26/04/2018 at 09:00
Information about the school
Whitstable Junior School is situated in the centre of Whitstable close to the beach and shops! We have high expectations of our children and ourselves, providing a rich learning environment and lots of opportunities for extra-curricular activities - Healthy School, Eco-School, Activemark and Kent accredited Anti-Bullying School status. Whitstable Junior School is proud of its forward thinking approach to education and had a very successful Ofsted inspection in May 2015 judged as good in all aspects of the inspection. We are well on our way to becoming the outstanding school to which we aspire and are looking for staff who can support us in this realistic ambition. WJS boasts all classes with interactive whiteboards, skilled staff, enthusiastic colleagues, a dedicated well-being team, ICT technician, shared planning and lots of laughs!
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.