As a Barclays Investment Specialist, you will be responsible for the delivery of holistic investment advice, off-balance sheet liquidity and custody & execution services to our target client base (i.e. personal and non-personal customers). You will be focusing on both increased wallet share loyalty from existing clients and gaining "New to Barclays" business, resulting in positive client outcomes, increased client satisfaction and sustainable returns for the business. Also you will actively support the Private Bank & Overseas Services (PBOS) business in becoming the 'Go-To' Wealth Manager by driving a balanced scorecard performance management culture.
Our Overseas Services business provides banking, credit, cash management and investment expertise to our clients through a value adding relationship-led service, product specialists and digital channels. Operating from London, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Glasgow and Dubai we directly serve eight client segments of Fiduciaries, Family Offices, Captives, Funds Administrators, Corporates, Premier Global, Local Business and Local Premier & Retail, together with supporting the booking of High Net Worth (HNW) and Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) clients onto our Jersey and Isle of Man platforms.
As an Investment Specialist, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Delivering investment revenue via investment advice and arranging services, with targets ranging between GBP100m to GBP500m for High/ Ultra-Net Worth individuals, Single and Multi-Family Offices
• Undertaking presentations both to existing and prospective clients, industry bodies / events and to internal stakeholders and will therefore involve complex negotiating skills
• Demonstrating an ability to organise and interpret complex data to drive conclusions and insight, combined with the ability to relate and accommodate a diverse range of personalities
• Providing this investment service in compliance with the Training and Competency scheme guidelines
• Proactively research target clients (both new to Barclays and existing), identify and develop appropriate solutions in conjunction with Product and other stakeholders where appropriate
• Driving client centric initiatives within the business, and actively support the acquisition, servicing, development and retention of clients
As an Investment Specialist, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Having a private banking and corporate investments background ideally
• Demonstrating extensive knowledge of investment requirements, industry trends, products, services and the regulatory environment we operate in
• Extensive experience in working with the team's target client base; including Financial Intermediaries, Family Offices, Captive Insurance Managers, Local markets personal, High/ Ultra-Net Worth individuals, and Offshore Corporate Entities is essential
• Possessing first-class financial markets experience and having excellent product knowledge in the Capital Markets, Corporate Treasury and Wealth Management space; including foreign exchange and securities dealing, capital markets, collective investments, discretionary portfolio management and derivatives / structured investments
• Excellent selling and negotiation skills, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative environment
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.