Financial Services Operations Senior Mgr (M&A) - Delivering Deal Value
- Full Time
About the team
We currently have a vacancy for a financial services operations specialist to work on fast-paced and often high-profile merger and acquisition (M&A) projects, as part of our market-leading Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team. This role offers the chance to develop your career in the stimulating, challenging and supportive environment within PwC's highly regarded consulting practice.
About the role
DDV helps clients with the operational and transformational challenges arising from M&A activity, advising on transactions ranging from GBP50 million to over GBP5 billion. You will be working with businesses from a wide range of financial services sectors by providing pre and post-M&A support. Areas of work include:
- Helping clients to assess the operating environment of target businesses via operational due diligence;
- Helping clients to articulate the quality and performance of their operating environment to potential buyers;
- Analysis of costs, including cost synergies that may arise from the merger of two businesses;
- Assisting clients with planning and delivery of separation of divested businesses; and
- Working to plan and execute post-merger integration projects.
You will be challenged to take on significant responsibility from the outset, including meeting with senior executives on high-profile engagements, and producing high-quality written reports articulating our findings to senior stakeholders. You will need to work to tight deadlines to understand and report on the operations-related opportunities, issues, costs and risks impacting the value of target businesses. Working within a dedicated project team, you will receive help, support and guidance from a senior member of the team.
The DDV team consists of c.100 consultants, of which c.20 specialise in financial services. The team works closely with other areas of PwC including Strategy, Financial Due Diligence, Regulatory, Legal and Tax teams. Alongside DDV, these specialist teams enable PwC to provide clients with insights and advice throughout the M&A process.
Whilst primarily London based, the global nature of our work means candidates must be prepared to travel widely when required.
Due to continued success and increasing demand for our services, DDV is seeking to enhance this team via select, high-calibre appointments.
Who we are looking for
Essential skills and experience:
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of interacting with clients or internal stakeholders
- Experience of leading project delivery teams
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to produce high-quality written reports
- Comfort around financial analysis and understanding of the key drivers of financial information
- The ability to quickly understand large amounts of information and draw out hypotheses and key messages
- Extensive experience around IT and operational analysis to understand business processes, their associated costs and potential issues as well as opportunities for improvement
- Comfort in understanding the impact of different operating models on commercial, financial and operational aspects of a business, ideally in the context of a transaction
- Ability to review performance improvements, cost reduction plans and capital expenditure needs
- An ability to operate on your own initiative and to work through ambiguity, often to tight timescales
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services, ideally banking or insurance
- Degree, MBA or accounting qualification
- Exposure to M&A
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing the financial services sector
- Exposure to commercial negotiation
- Amount of time client based: 50%
- Need to travel and overnight stays away from home: Yes
- Opportunity for flexible working: No
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here