Legal Secretary (Litigation)
Are you an experienced Legal Secretary looking for a new challenge?
Jazz Personnel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Litigation Legal Secretary to join our client, a reputable and ever expanding law firm that have provided advice to individuals, organisations and businesses for over 100 years.
The purpose of this role is to provide vital legal secretarial support to the litigation legal team advising a number of Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Tech clients. This opportunity will also include some immigration and criminal secretarial work. Great secretarial support is a key component in any law firm and enables Lawyers to focus on client care and fee earning work.
Main duties and requirements:
- Providing secretarial support to those required, including preparing correspondence and documents through fast and accurate audio-typing and word processing. Confidently working through your work load using your own initiative.
- Administering both manual and electronic filing daily.
- Opening, maintaining and closing files at both Client and Matter level.
- Closing, storing and retrieving client files.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Making appointments and arranging meetings; including liaising with reception staff to organise facilities such as rooms and refreshments, and maintaining an up-to-date diary for the partners.
- Attending clients, both in person and on the telephone, and providing such support in a professional and friendly manner in-keeping with the Firm's standards for client care.
- Undertaking any specific training when required by the Firm and to have overall responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the Firm's and the Firm's client's information and documentation.
- Contributing to the Firm's overall business objectives by offering support to other departments when appropriate.
- On occasion work such hours outside normal hours of employment as the Firm considers necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience of working in a legal environment along with relevant departmental experience is desirable.
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills, including digital dictation and integrated legal software systems.
- Excellent English grammar/spelling; familiarity with legal terminology and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in dealing with a range of clients via telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload to the required standard and within the required timescales.
If you are a self-motivated, professional individual looking to take the next step in your legal career, we want to hear from you. Do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity, Apply now!