Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Ashton Road, Hyde
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Salary: Competitive + benefits including pension, life assurance, private medical & long term disability insurance
One of the UK's leading manufacturers in the window blind industry is looking for a forward-thinking Mechanical Design Engineer with CAD experience to join their dynamic design and development team in Hyde.
They work in a 3D environment and use the latest software package to generate part, assembly and detailed manufacturing drawings.
About the Role
- As their Mechanical Design Engineer, your role will involve the following:
- Continuous development of existing products / new designs from prototype to production items
- Development of mould and press tools, jigs /fixtures, tables and workstations and ancillary tooling to assist in the manufacture of window blind systems (within reason)
- Performing various analysis tasks (such as FEA and MoldFlow)
- Previous CAD experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to thrive in a team
- Demonstrable desire the drive the team & the products forward
- Capable of delivering tangible results to the business
- Not afraid to 'get your hands dirty'
Sound interesting? Click on the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous job titles including CAD Technician, Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Technician, CAD Engineer may be considered.