Pensions Senior Manager/ Manager, PMC, London
3 days left
- Full Time
The Pensions Management Consulting group in PwC works with clients to establish and maintain effective pension scheme governance processes and administration services. Pension services exist in an ever changing and challenging environment. Against a backdrop of legislative change, regulatory requirements and increasing pressure on company balance sheets, the governance and administration of these arrangements has had to adapt as Trustees and sponsoring employers seek to control costs and operational risks.
Working as part of the broader Top Tier Pensions practice, the Pensions Management Consulting (PMC) group is a client facing team with deep specialist skills and expertise over the spectrum of pensions change projects including outsourcing, administration contract reviews, target operating model design, software selection and implementation, data analysis, process re-engineering, implementing operational change, governance and risk management, and benchmarking. The team are either Associates of the Pensions Management Institute or are actively studying towards it.
We have recently worked with some of the biggest names in industry in the private sector as well as playing an instrumental role in the development of pension services in the public sector. In the private sector, we've been engaged by a number of high profile clients to help them deal with legislative requirements such as compliance with workplace pension reforms (automatic enrolment), to achieve increased levels of efficiency and cost saving and to effectively communicate pensions change and liability management exercises to scheme members.
To support our continuing growth strategy, we want to recruit a Manager to join the team. These positions will require strong pensions technical and client facing skills. We are looking for candidates with a strong track record of delivery across a range of pensions projects and the ability to be adaptable to meet changing client demands.
- The role requires travel and, at times, periods spent away from home, including working overseas. Candidates should have the flexibility to meet this requirement.
- Pensions Experience required, DC pensions experience preferred.
- Client facing experience required.
- Minimum of 4 years direct client facing experience required.
- Successful candidates are likely to have had experience of undertaking large scale pension change projects, with extensive some exposure to the UK pensions industry.
- PMI qualified or part qualified.
- Prince 2 qualified or part qualified (desirable).
- Significant pensions knowledge and willingness to utilise this knowledge in a consultative capacity.
- Signification change experience.
- Experience of trust and/or contract based pension arrangements.
Commercial and technical
- Proven client management/consulting skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
- A willingness to become involved in business development and a proven network of contacts.
- Some experience of winning work.
- Strong understanding of the pensions industry and particularly DC pensions administration and governance.
- Good experience in pension change management projects.
- Experience of supervising/managing other team members.
- Self sufficient able to work without supervision and show initiative where required.
- Responsive to change and adaptable to new situations.
- Proven track record of delivery across a range of projects.
- Able to demonstrate an analytical and logical approach to their work.
- Proven team working skills and committed to building the team.
- Fully flexible regarding travel and working away from home when required.
- Willing to meet tight deadlines whist not compromising quality.
- Self-awareness and understanding of how they come across to others and be able to flex their approach and style to suit the situation.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here