Platform Engineer / IT Systems Engineer / Platform Support
Job Title: Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer
Salary: Up to 90,000 per Annum
Position: Full Time Permanent
The Company is one of the UK's leading customer generation companies. They are a rapidly growing business - They topped the Sunday Times Tech Track, and since then grew 278% per annum before tripling in size again. They now employ over 400 staff in the UK and USA, and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
They are on a mission to accelerate their clients' growth by building the world's most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams.
The Company Values:
Company culture is very important to them, and that is why they were voted as the best place to work in London and in the top 2 places to work in the UK for the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2018. They are constantly looking for ways to make The Company an even better place to work. As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, they have clear values that inform everything they do, ensuring all of their teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. They don't just talk about their values, they live them.
- Drive to be World Class
- Work Smart, Deliver Fast
- Love Innovation
- Help Others Succeed
- Earn Trust
- Inspire Positivity
About The Role
Their client's world class technology team is expanding and their platforms and delivery processes are becoming more sophisticated at the same time.
As a technology and data driven business, they recognise the key role outstanding engineers play in helping them achieve their vision.
A Platform Engineer like yourself would work closely with their Data, Product and Platform Engineering teams to ensure the continued reliability and availability of their infrastructure, products and platforms. The company believe that teams supporting their work in production is the best way to ensure the production of high quality software, so you will work with these teams to ensure that they have the skills, tools and direction to enable this. Ideally, you are either a developer with operations experience or an operations engineer from a development background.
Developers at their clients business have unique access to and involvement in the business and its direction. Collaborating with colleagues from across the company they play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
You can expect to be fully involved in engineering from the start, including participating in code reviews and daily stand-ups. You will provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming team tasks. By the end of your first week you will have successfully put your first changes into production.
- Lead their Platform Engineering team which includes developers with a responsibility in Ops from their Product Teams
- Build platform products and tools and improve existing ones
- Take part in decisions related to how they undertake new projects
- Work closely with fellow engineers, designers, PMs and others
- Challenge their engineering teams to improve their design choices
- Manage our clients Amazon Web Services infrastructure using many of their products
- Manage and support their on-call process with their engineers
- Delights in readable, well-designed, well-tested scripts
Experience with TDD environments (ideally using PHP/React: Codeception, PHPUnit,PHPSpec, Enzyme, Jest, Nightwatch, Cypress)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Experience with Logging/Monitoring (Datadog or New Relic/Papertrail)
- Experience with relational databases (ideally MySQL/Redshift/Snowflake)
- Experience with "infrastructure as code" using Cloudformation and Chef (Ruby)
- Experience/interest in Docker/ECS
- Experience with tuning Wordpress or a CMS and performance using CDN (Fastly/Cloudfront/Cloudflare)
- Experience designing resilient networks/infrastructure
- Experience with disaster recovery and "chaos" testing
- Experience of Security best-practice (least privilege and separation of duties)
- Professional experience writing web-based applications and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on their stack (PHP/Python)
Professional "DevOps" experience managing toolchains and cloud-based production environments and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (PHP/ Python)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, IT Systems Technician, Platform Engineer, System Developer, Network Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, On-call Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, DevOps Engineer may apply for this role.