Level 3 Nursery Practitioner
Job Title - Level 3 Nursery Practitioner
Salary: - Dependable on age.
Hours: - Shift work. Must be flexible between the hour’s 7.30am and 6pm, Monday-Friday.
Our Clients Day Nurseries consist of five settings around the Birmingham and Staffordshire area. The nurseries are a family run business and benefit from the skills and experience of a strong management team, including nursing, qualified teacher status and family support. All nurseries work closely together and offer regular support. They are looking for a confident and experienced practitioner who shares the same values, and is dedicated and passionate to work with children.
Purpose of the job – Work in partnership with Parents, and as part of the Nursery team, to create a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for the children, which provides them with a variety of opportunities to learn through both directed and self led activities.
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the nursery and compliance with the Children’s Act, Health & Safety Legislation and work within the standards of Ofsted.
- Ensuring any information regarding the children, their families, or other staff which is learned as part of the job is kept completely confidential.
- Working as part of a team, collaborating and sharing responsibility for high standards and performance.
- Plan and resource a stimulating environment which is age appropriate , meets the children’s individual needs and facilitates autonomous learning enabling all children to maximize their full potential (independently or with assistance).
- Monitor children’s progress; keep meaningful records on key worker children and liaise with children’s parents and other team members to aid in planning to meet children’s needs.
- Ongoing active supervision to promote a safe, healthy and secure environment for children.
- Provide extended periods of purposeful outdoor play.
- Supervision of mealtimes and, where appropriate, preparation of baby’s bottles.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Keeping and monitoring accident and incident records.
- Minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working with young children and families.
- To be able to work individually and as part of a team
- Friendly, flexible approach.
- Commitment to safeguarding the children in your care.
- Candidate will be subject to DBS check and 2 positive references.
- Must be able to tell good stories and not afraid to sing loudly!
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Nursery Practitioner, Nursery Nurse, Education, Education and Teaching, Childcare, Nursery Teacher, Teacher, Nursery Educator, Early Years,