Registered Nurse / Occupational Therapist / PIP Assesor
Job Title: Disability Assessors
Salary: £26,000 - £36,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time - 38-40hpw
Our client is currently looking for a full time registered nurse or occupational therapist to join their team.
As a medical (disability) assessor you will join an established team of highly skilled health care professionals. The role on offer is both challenging and rewarding; you will utilise your clinical and evidence based knowledge, highly tuned interpersonal skills and examination skills to work determine how disabilities or impairments (from a range of health conditions) impact on activities of daily living. You will assess individuals who are making a claim for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), and the role has flexible working days and hours, opportunities for career progression and ring fenced CPD funding. Our initial training is highly supportive and will help you develop any news skills to undertake this exciting role.
As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and is focused on helping with the extra costs disabled people face to lead independent lives.
To become a PIP Assessor you will undertake a 4 stage training programme that will build on your professional skills and provide you with the new competencies essential for the role:
1) E learning (20-25 hours)
2) Face to face course =4 days (maybe residential depending on home location)
3) Mentored assessment period
4) Reports audited until satisfactory grades achieved.
On achieving approval as a PIP Assessor, you will have acquired a transferable qualification which will be an asset on any CV, inevitably broadening your career prospects
- To carry out medical examinations and provide medical advice on capacity of work (PIP assessments).
- Work to productivity and quality targets and respond positively to feedback.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information/medical evidence and provide reports in a professional and concise manner.
- Produce succinct, accurate and comprehensive reports in plain English to enable decision making and are of a good standard before being forwarded to the client
- Minimum 2 years of post-registration experience within a range of clinical settings
- Full registration with NMC/HCPC (as appropriate) & continuous development maintained.
- Excellent clinic, communication & interpersonal skills & basic IT abilities (MS Word)
- Skills in report writing would be beneficial
The company welcome applications from existing (DWP Approved) assessors with a clean audit trail, please note that our assessors typically complete 4 assessments per day.
Must have 2 years post graduate training
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, PIP Disability Assessor, Physiotherapist, Physiotherapy, Physio Practitioner, Private Physiotherapist, Occupational Health, Health Care Assistant, Care Worker, Care Support Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, Social Carer, Support Worker, Carer, Care Worker, Care Helper, Care Management, Apprentice Assessor, Care Assist, Healthcare Assistant, Health Assessor, Social Care Tutor, Apprentice Mentor will also be considered for this role.