Management Accountant - £Competitive Salary – Borehamwood – Full Time Permanent.
£competitive package, including premium healthcare
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That’s why so many of prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend us year after year.
Reporting to our Team Manager for Management Accounts, you’ll be the first point of contact for your allocated clients and relish the responsibility of assisting our valued clients with their enquiries in an accurate and timely manner. On occasions, you’ll also have the opportunity of working on your client’s site when required.
You’ll be assigned a varied portfolio of clients, varying from the entertainment and media industries through to fund businesses, energy and local businesses, so it’s essential you’ll be confident and proactive in your approach.
We’d also need you to be experienced in key performance areas including compliance, preparation of management accounts, VAT returns and FCA returns and cashflows. You’ll also have experience in review client’s payroll?, post supplier invoices, preparation of sales and posting bank and expenses including FX transactions.
Part of your role will involve liaison with various departments, to ensure that regulatory requirements involving preparation of statutory accounts are met, liaison with US and UK tax specialists within the firm and also advising our client on their obligations and file maintenance. You’ll also support, train and assist junior team members to maximise their performance.
You’ll have intermediate to advanced experience within a professional accountancy practice, combined with a sound knowledge of management accounts and bookkeeping experience. Additionally, you’ll have/be:
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified, or be more than half way to complete your qualification
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree or equivalent (preferred)
- Microsoft Great Plains experience will be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of Payroll services and company secretarial requirements
- Good knowledge of Sage and other accounting software
- Good knowledge of VAT law and compliance
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel
- Up to date knowledge of accounting practices
- Strong communication skills between clients, staff and management
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect
all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business