An exciting opportunity has arisen with Thomas Rotherham College for a Teacher of Health and Social Care to join the team based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. This Teacher of Health and Social Care role is a full time position; tenable from 23rd August 2018. You will receive a competitive salary of £22,937 - £38,364 per annum.
Thomas Rotherham College, a Sixth Form College, is a leading provider of post-16 education, with around 1500 16-18 year-old students. It is a thriving organisation that offers excellent professional opportunities in an environment which values and supports both staff and students.
As our Teacher of Health and Social Care your role will be to teach in the Learning Support department, in both workshop and classroom settings.
The Teacher of Health and Social Care duties and key responsibilities:
- Delivery of courses in the Health & Social Care department.
- Develop and implement a variety of teaching and learning styles
- Develop own subject knowledge and expertise
- Provide student support on courses as appropriate
- Engage in extra- curricular activities that support the Health & Social Care curriculum and wider college
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Monitor and assess student achievement throughout their course, providing regular formative feedback and maintain learner progress records in accordance with college practice and procedures
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of appropriate Schemes of Work for BTEC Health & Social Care and any other courses taught.
- Contribute to self-assessment activities to support the continued development of the Health & Social Care Department.
- Work with the other members of the Health & Social Care department to build team resource material.
- Keep up to date with current developments in Post 16 Health & Social Care education, including the use of new technologies where appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of the department through team meetings and CPD.
- Contribute towards promoting a supportive learning environment.
- Participate appropriately in the College Appraisal/Performance Management Scheme.
- Other duties and responsibilities which might reasonably be required by the Principal.
Skills and Expertise needed to become our Teacher of Health and Social Care:
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject
- Qualified teacher status
- Effective verbal and written communication in both group and interpersonal situation.
- Effective presentation, delivery and time management skills
- Effective team working skills and ability to listen to others in the department.
- Ability to develop and manage resources.
- High level of ICT literacy.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Experience of and understanding of internal verification processes
- Experience or ability to deliver science based units
- Employment outside teaching in the health and social care sector
- Awareness of current developments in health and social care education and government policy
- Ability to teach a second subject
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you’d like to join us as our new Teacher of Health and Social Care then please click ‘apply’ today! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 20th April 2018
This post involves working with young people and vulnerable adults and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level.
Thomas Rotherham College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from minority ethnic groups. We undertake to make any reasonable adjustments to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face