Personal Tax Assistant Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Leading accountancy firm seeks Personal Tax Assistant Manager to join their growing tax team in their Leicester office.
My client is a leading National accountancy practice with an International presence. Due to continued expansion they seek an Assistant Tax Manager for their Leicester office. Working within a small team, you will mainly be dealing with SME Owner Managed Businesses (OMBs) within the Leicestershire market. The client portfolio is varied and growing thus providing the opportunity to work with some very interesting businesses.
The successful candidate is likely to come from a personal tax background, or at least have a preference for personal tax, and enjoy the reviewing and compliance elements. There will also be numerous opportunities to be involved with advisory work and to work on some very interesting tax projects.
- Manage the production of clients' personal tax and/or corporate tax computations for own client portfolio and Partners' clients
- Carry out consultancy work when required
- Positive involvement with tax advisory work relevant to your skill level
- Attend client meetings where appropriate
- Respond to tax queries from Partners/Directors
- Plan, allocate, control and review work carried out by team members
- Involvement with staff training, supervision and appraisals as appropriate
- Ad hoc projects/research
- Support the Tax Managers, Directors & Partners in managing and controlling the activities and performance of the Tax department.
- CTA, ATT, ACA and/or ACCA qualified
- Previous personal tax experience and knowledge gained either in a personal tax role or mixed tax role
- Current technical tax knowledge
- Staff mentoring and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A positive and committed approach with a client focus
- Commercial awareness with strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- IT literate (Excel, Word, tax software).
What's on offer;
- Competitive salary together with further career progression and development
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley to discuss this opportunity further, always in complete confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website or follow us on to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home Counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/18600