Business Lending Manager
Customer Service Specialist (Lending Team)
As a Barclays Customer Service Specialist Support in our Lending Team, you will enjoy fantastic professional development opportunities, supporting and guiding our small business customers through lending applications to ensure they feel valued while understanding and fulfilling their business needs.
Working from our office at Gadbrook Park, Northwich, you will join us at an exciting time as we drive change in the market to become the digital leader and 'go-to' bank. We are investing in our employees now in order to support our international business through a period of significant growth over the next two to three years. You will help our customers get the best that Barclays has to offer, and you'll get the same in return. We're not just talking about valuable benefits like great bonus potential, private healthcare, childcare savings, and a huge range of employee discounts. You'll also enjoy a unique company spirit that believes in giving people the freedom to do a great job today and the support to reach their biggest ambitions in the future.
As a Customer Service Specialist (Lending Team), your main responsibilities will involve:
• Acting as the primary point of contact for borrowing requests, handing off to the relevant network of relationship staff where necessary
• Ensuring customer queries are always handled professionally and responsively, and that products are fully explored to deliver real customer satisfaction
• Providing a service that brings repeat business and recommendations through building trust, confidence and support for our business clients
• Undertaking all necessary compliance tests to maintain and adherence to all government audits
• Responsibility for owning sales and service performance, to contribute towards the overall team's set target
As a Customer Service Specialist (Lending Team), your skills and qualifications will include:
• Strong sales and customer service experience
• The ability to build genuine rapport, with the ability to put our customers at the centre of your day
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to self-manage, ensure timely, high quality and consistent results and resolve problems by applying set guidelines or your own initiative
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.