CyDen is a British Health and Beauty company and the leading developer of intense pulsed light (IPL) hair removal devices for use in the home. Our electronic beauty products are distributed worldwide into household and medical markets under globally recognised brand names. The potential for home use devices is huge and, as well as hair removal, there are opportunities to expand the use of the technology into skin rejuvenation, acne treatment and other beauty applications.
Whilst we currently contract out manufacturing of our products, our latest model will be assembled at a factory being developed in Fabian Way, Swansea. This will create a number of new production positions.
Responsible for the movement and storage of materials, including receiving components, despatch of finished goods and supply of materials to assembly and packaging lines.
Working in accordance with all safety and quality requirements, responsibilities will include:
- Offloading and checking of incoming deliveries, moving stock to correct locations in the factory;
- Reviewing production requirements, ensuring that required components are available in production;
- Moving finished goods from production to warehouse locations;
- Reviewing despatch requirements to load finished goods, completing required despatch documentation;
- Moving all stock in accordance with its quality release status;
- Accurately recording movement and location of materials on the stock system;
- Completing all required records and performance indicators;
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping;
- Following waste management procedures;
- Contributing to process improvement (safety, quality, output, cost/efficiency…);
- Ensuring all external delivery/distribution drivers follow required safety instructions;
- Carrying out other tasks that support the warehouse, assembly and packaging operation.
- Experienced in warehouse operations in a manufacturing or logistics organisation
- Recognised license in Fork Lift Truck operation (Reach and Counterbalance Truck)
- Able to interpret production and despatch data to move stock in accordance with requirements
- General secondary or vocational qualifications (e.g. GCSEs, BTEC Certificate) including Maths & English
- Working in an electronic assembly operation
In addition, the successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Organised and methodical
- Attention to detail
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with staff and delivery/distribution drivers
- Reliable and a good timekeeper
- Prepared to be flexible in the range of tasks required of them to support the business
- Willing to be flexible in response to any need to work additional hours
Salary and Benefits
Once production grows to expected levels, basic working hours will be a two-week rotation of 06:00 to 14:00 and 14:00 to 22:00, Monday to Friday. However, initial hours will be dayshift, 08:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday.
- An hourly rate of £9.00 when working dayshift and £9.90 when on the two-shift pattern
- 25 days’ holiday
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free parking
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the apply button, quoting ‘Warehouse Operative’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 23rd April 2018.