CyDen is a British Health and Beauty company and the leading developer of intense pulsed light (IPL) hair removal devices for use in the home. Our electronic beauty products are distributed worldwide into household and medical markets under globally recognised brand names. The potential for home use devices is huge and, as well as hair removal, there are opportunities to expand the use of the technology into skin rejuvenation, acne treatment and other beauty applications.
Whilst we currently contract out manufacturing of our products, our latest model will be assembled at a factory being developed in Fabian Way, Swansea. This will create a number of new production positions.
Undertaking a number of manual and inspection tasks, the jobholder will become competent in all assembly and packaging jobs, to enable complete flexibility in the production process, ensuring that all production and quality targets are achieved.
Rigorously following written and verbal work instructions, responsibilities will include:
- Working in accordance with all health and safety requirements;
- Assembling and packaging products that meet required specifications and standards, undertaking inspections at defined stages of the production process;
- Meeting all required production and efficiency targets;
- Completing all required production/quality records and performance indicators;
- Replenishing workstations with required components;
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping;
- Following waste management procedures;
- Contributing to process improvement (safety, quality, output, cost/efficiency…);
- Carry out other tasks that support the assembly and packaging operation
- Experienced in a role where required to meet output and quality targets
- Able to work rigorously in accordance with work/quality instructions
- General secondary or vocational qualifications (e.g. GCSEs, BTEC Certificate)
- Working in an electronic assembly operation
In addition, the successful candidate must have the following attributes:
- Manual dexterity
- Organised and methodical
- Attention to detail
- Works well as part of a team
- Reliable and a good timekeeper
- Prepared to be flexible in the range of tasks required of them to support the business
- Willing to be flexible in response to any need to work additional hours
Salary and Benefits
Once production grows to expected levels, basic working hours will be a two-week rotation of 06:00 to 14:00 and 14:00 to 22:00, Monday to Friday. However, initial hours will be dayshift, 08:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday.
- An hourly rate of £8.18 when working dayshift and £9.00 when on the two-shift pattern
- 25 days’ holiday
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free parking
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the apply button, quoting ‘Production Operative’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 23rd April 2018