The Risk Analyst role supports the clear understanding of the technology risks affecting Contact Centre Technology, ensuring that the controls in place to address them are fit for purpose and in line with the Barclays Group and Barclaycard policies, standards and risk appetites.
This role supports the Risk & Control Manager in meeting all the Tech Risk requirements of the Contact Centre Strategic Business Units (SBU) stakeholders. Effective stakeholder management across all Barclaycard business areas is a key expectation of the role.
- Provide accurate support to the Risk & Control Manager
- Handle operational governance requests.
- Support the timely, accurate and clear advice based on evidence gathering and accurate data
- Help manage all Audit and Remediation actions owned by the Contact Centre Technology & assist in the delivery of timely and appropriate governance & Control decisions;
- Engagement in quality checks to confirm that key controls are operating effectively
- Undertake reporting co-ordination
- Assist implementation of the strategy as to how Contact Centre Technology will own, track, manage and meet our Risk Management responsibilities by assisting in maintaining comprehensive risk profiles.
- Good understanding of IT balanced scorecards and management dashboards linked to KPIs and corresponding metrics.
- Experience of controls assurance practices covering both business and technical controls.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and standards and industry best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Awareness of the Contact Centre Technical environment
- Awareness of various IT Governance and Control frameworks such as COSO, COBiT.
- Awareness of 3rdparty related Controls Assurance frameworks such as SOC/ SSAE.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and the regulatory and legal requirements governing IT in developed and developing markets.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.