Full Stack Engineer
Barclays has already implemented a strong protection for our present business. We need to adapt to the rapid change in cyber space. We cannot prevent a well-funded, skilled, and determined adversary to penetrate our defences, but we can make sure we can detect the penetration and quickly react, respond, recover, and move on. For centuries, society and banks have learned to live with disasters; cybercrime is another challenge, and it too can be managed by implementing a strong strategy built on resilience and intelligence.
- Create new software and integrate 3rd party components to enable rapid delivery of features to cyber defence front-line teams.
- Continue to improve, adapt and tune the aggregate system for stability and performance.
- Over time develop degree of cyber security understanding in order to build with flexibility in mind and anticipate changes that might be driven by periodic shifts in adversary tactics, tools and practices.
- The candidate will have proven experience in commercial application development, including:
- Agile methodology, including ability to realistically estimate and forecast own work
- Understanding of enterprise IT, such as dependencies on authentication providers, scheduling and application management
- Automated testing - unit and integration
- Writing of developer and target-audience documentation
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Experience in Automated Build and Deployment Processes (e.g. ANT build scripts / Jenkins CI / Apache Maven / Gradle)
- Experience or high level knowledge with tools such as Autosys, JUnit, Sonar, Jenkins, Chef, Nolio, Selenium, Jira
- Self-motivated and organised individual
- High degree of (hands-on) technical leadership with broad subject matter expertise
- Excellent ability to execute where information is ambiguous, utilising professionalism, experience and prior knowledge
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, rel igion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.