Health and Safety Consultant
Job Title: Health and Safety Consultant
Report to: Regional Manager of Health and Safety
Department: Health and Safety Services
Salary: Available on application
Hours: Full time
Do you want to join a vibrant, growing, health and safety consultancy with a team of sixty practitioners and more than 10,000 clients? We have a courageous approach to assisting our clients in getting health and safety right and making their businesses even better.
We are looking for engaging Health and Safety Practitioners with brilliant people skills and a can do approach to ensure we put the client at the heart of everything we do. We want our colleagues to bring their great personalities to work, not just their technical knowledge. If this sounds like you, we are looking for experienced Health and Safety Practitioners to join our regional field based team.
We have a role in Aberdeen, which will involve providing a bespoke Health and Safety documentation and management systems to our client base, of which operate in a wide variety of industries in the SME market. Please note to be considered for the role you must ideally live within easily commutable distance of Aberdeen.
Client Care and Service Delivery
* Accurately identify client requirements through inspection of their premises / operations to ensure requirements and expectations are met in accordance with their contracted services
* Preparation, creation and guidance on practical use of client documentation e.g. Policy, GAP Analysis Report and other practical monitoring methods within agreed KPI's
* Provision of client training as appropriate to their contracted service and use of their Health and safety management system
* Advising clients on relevant standards, giving pragmatic support and guidance on suitable best practice affecting their business
* Deliver ongoing support to meet changing the changing needs of our client base through strong relationship management
* Identify and implement changes in legislation and make suitable amendments to the client documentation to ensure continued legal compliance
* To support the helpline service during working hours when requested
* To provide technical support to our field sales team in providing Health and Safety advice to potential clients to demonstrate our capabilities and assist in securing new business
CPD and Commercial Awareness
* We are looking for candidates with a true passion for their profession, who actively commit to personal development in their field of expertise
* Commitment to attend and participate in internal training and meetings, and any approved external conferences and training courses suitable for your continued professional development
* To utilise all learning resources available e.g. internet, memberships of professional bodies, trade publications
* Maintain a good working knowledge of Health and Safety law and practice that is appropriate to our clients and service
* Continual development of the scope of our services, identifying any relevant additional service opportunities within existing and prospective clients
Team work and Communication
* Proactively support your colleagues with changing workload demands, we have a fantastic support network amongst our large team
* Strong internal stakeholder relationships in the H&S team and other departments
* To provide a positive and professional image to both internal and external customers
* To share relevant client information, skills and knowledge with colleagues
* To deliver training sessions for clients and internal colleagues as appropriate
* We have a variety of different clients and therefore we are looking for candidates with a minimum of NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent experience. You will ideally be either CMIOSH or equivalent, accredited or actively working towards Chartered status to demonstrate your passion in your field.
* This is a home based role with regional travel in your area. We will provide you with a car allowance or a travel season ticket. but On rare occasions there may be times where you may need to stay over to support our clients, such occasions will be fully expensed.
* Strong H&S generalist background and experience, with appropriate technical and professional qualifications and strong knowledge of codes of practice and industry standards
* An all-round people person with can do attitude, strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and organisation and time management skills
* Demonstrative inside out customer service, both with your team and your clients
* Full UK driving licence and access to own car (you will receive a car allowance)
We are far from your average service provider as our colleagues bring their great personalities to work, not just their policies! We have been proudly delivering valuable HR and Health and Safety services to SME's across the UK for over 20 years. Passionate about service, we're on a mission to revolutionise our colleague's and client's experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
It's a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional and supportive, we want likeminded individuals who love to love their job (no 'mood hoovers' here thanks!). So if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.