Barclays Business Manager
Junior Business Manager
As a Barclays Junior Business Manager, you will support and grow a portfolio of small-business customers, by delivering exceptional, effective and efficient customer solutions and service. You will work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to help customers move forward.
With nearly 40,000 employees globally, Barclays is a place where you can work alongside some fantastic people, develop your skills and succeed in your career. We hire and develop only the best people in the industry, and our long-term ambitions can only be achieved through close colleague collaboration and a shared sense of respect, integrity and excellence. You'll thrive here if you prefer the best way, not the conventional way. You'll also feel at home if you like being in control of your own progression. We'll judge you on your ability and nothing else.
As a Barclays Junior Business Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
• Contributing to sustainable growth in our small-business customer base by providing detailed business reviews, enabling a deeper understanding of business issues and opportunities
• Using strategic tools to advise customers on potential areas for growth
• Proactively and authoritatively explaining digital services to ensure our customers have confidence in their channels
• Going above and beyond, by identifying our customers' needs and offering solutions that are right for them
• Managing and resolving customer queries within agreed timescales and dealing with feedback effectively to improve our services
As a Barclays Junior Business Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Proven experience of successfully operating within a customer facing role
• The ability to build and maintain positive relationships quickly
• Knowledge of the current market, and emerging trends that may highlight areas for improvement, risks or opportunities for our customers
• Intermediate to advanced IT skills
• An interest in pursuing professional study qualifications preferable
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That's not all. We'll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.