Head of Architecture
- Full Time
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
About the Customer Contact Team
The Customer contact team are responsible for providing the architecture, engineering and delivery of voice and omni-channel capabilities for customers and colleagues. This includes, but not exclusively, core voice platforms , omni channel solutions (Chat, Video, Secure Message etc), Speech and IVR applications and integration services with the desktop applications.
The role is for an experienced solutions architect to lead the team providing solutions architecture and design for customer contact channels including telephony, webchat, video and supporting services.
- Lead and be accountable for all solutions architecture and end-to-end design activity in line with group strategy
- Be the steward for 20+ contact centre capabilities/technologies, setting ongoing roadmap and direction for them
- Direct solutions from Idea to Implementation for the Global Contact Centre Council aligned to the technology roadmap
- Manage the architecture and design team in terms of quality assurance, work distribution, career progression and supplier management
- Detailed knowledge of contact centre technologies including inbound and outbound telephony, IVR, webchat, email handling, Workforce Management and voice biometrics
- Real world architecture experience is essential with significant practical experience of defining enterprise wide technical solutions, documenting them and driving them to delivery
- Experience in architecting end to end solutions including application/infrastructure integration
- High level of conceptual systems thinking that creates transformational innovations through synergies of new business models and new technologies;
- Exposure to Service Orientated Architecture design principles, service definition and web services implementation including external exposure of API components
- Exposure to data architecture and logical/physical database modelling background (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop etc)
- Competence in the execution of substantial IT delivery programmes from inception through delivery
- Solution architect and enterprise architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF or BCS
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.