Key Account Manager - Sea Imports
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Key Account Manager to join the sea freight imports operations team based at my clients' offices in Trafford Park, Manchester.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for the day to day operational activities for specific accounts. The role involves ongoing compliance to both internal and client specific SOP's designed to ensure that agreed service standards are maintained to the highest level on a consistent basis.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
* Customer Profiling - to highlight opportunities & to maximise potential from all existing clients
* Develop and maintain Customer relationships / to attend customer visits as and when required.
* Monitoring customers volumes on an ongoing basis & highlighting any unusual trends to management
* Working with the Import Manager to introduce measures to reduce costs & increase profitability
* Collection of all COD Funds prior to delivery/release of shipment
* Ensuring Bill of Lading is in place prior to delivery/release of shipment
* Ensuring HMRC Clearance is in place prior to delivery/release of shipment
* Receipt & handling of new Purchase Order/Shipment bookings
* Use of Internal Freight Management System, Microsoft Packages (Word/Excel/Outlook) & Telephone
* Liaise with shipping lines/overseas agents
* Receipt & Processing Delivery request
* Receipt & handling of Documentation (Copies & Originals)
* Issuing of Shipment Status Report
* Maintaining HMRC Clearance Status
* Maintaining Bill of Lading Status
* Collection of all COD funds
* Review of Exceptions to ensure any outstanding milestone are complete within agreed time scale
* Internal & External communication with Supplier/Customers & internal departments.
* Supporting the Forwarding Manager to introduce measures to improve operational efficiency.
* Prioritising of Work load in accordance of deadlines & SOP
* Cover for other team members during busy/holiday periods
* Reviewing customers specific SOP's on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance.
* Monitoring operational performance on an ongoing basis & taking corrective actions to improve performance where possible.
* Reviewing internal operational procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance.
* Query Resolution - to resolve any queries from both customers & suppliers in a timely & efficient manner
* Query Resolution - to resolve any queries from internal departments (including Transport, AR, HR) in a timely & efficient manner
* Supporting the Forwarding Manager to enhance customer service levels & improve client retention
In order to apply for this role you will have a high level of sea freight import experience and have been exposed to customer visits. You will be looking for the next stage in your imports career and want a forward thinking company with prospects for the right Individual.
We offer an excellent remuneration package with holidays rising with length of service. Pension, healthcare and life assurance