Senior Accountancy Officer
Job Title: Senior Accountancy Officer
Salary: £31,288 - £36,019 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 8th April 2018 at midnight
Interviews will be held week commencing 16th April 2018
Do you have a passion and interest in a career providing financial support to a range of valued public services? If so, there is an opportunity for two Senior Accountancy Officers to join the well-respected finance team of this organization.
They are looking for enthusiastic individuals who enjoy interacting with others, have knowledge and experience of finance and the ability to communicate and present effectively to non-financial staff / customers at all levels.
Overview of the Role:
As a Senior Accountancy Officer you should ideally hold a CCAB / CIMA qualification and be undertaking active CPD. All posts require a thorough understanding of providing accountancy services within a large complex organisation, however in recognition of the knowledge that experience in other sectors can bring, whist an understanding of local government practice would be an advantage we would stress that it is not essential.
- Provide value added financial advice and support to all customers of the service
- Support an integrated approach by working across the service as required
- Deal effectively and proactively with customer comments, enquiries and complaints
- Support senior managers in the implementation of corporate initiatives
- Provide comprehensive reports and briefings and active participation in meetings as a representative of finance
- Ensure proper financial controls and governance arrangements are in place for all aspects of service delivery
- Actively contribute and participate fully in the efficient and effective deliver of all finance activities such as: Final accounts and external audit liaison; Budget setting; Resource allocation;
- Ensure compliance with guidelines protocols and legislation
- Identify and report upon any financial risks resulting from changes in political, operational, technological or environmental factors
- Provide support to all internal and external audits ensuring compliance with all recommendations
The Successful Candidate will be a Member of CCAB body undertaking active CPD, or actively studying for a CCAB/CIMA qualification, or proven experience of providing accountancy services with a willingness to study and gain a CCAB/CIMA qualification and will have:
- To demonstrate high technical ability to ensure accounting standards and codes of practice are understood
- Ability to develop business cases and financial summaries using appropriate tools and techniques
- Proven analytical ability in interpretation of information
- Strong numerical reasoning skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and financial systems
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information to all levels of the organisation
- Ability to drive through change and take on and complete new challenges
- Ability to implement and adhere to corporate policies, such as Equal Opportunities, and a wider understanding of workplace issues, such as Health & Safety
- Ability to organise staff, resources or processes
- To show a flexible approach to meeting the needs of a changing service
- Ability to take ownership and ensure goals are successfully achieved within tight deadlines
The Company provides an attractive employment package that includes a generous annual leave entitlement of up to 32 days, a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year, and a career average pension scheme.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.
Candidates with experience of; Finance Assistant, ACCA, CIMA, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Bookkeeper, Finance Analyst, Accountant, AAT Qualified Accountant, Book Keeper, Financial Accountant, Accounting Specialist, Financial Reporting, Finance Manager, Senior Accounts Administrator may also be considered for this role.