Water Treatment Application Engineer
New opportunity not to be missed! Ecolab have an exciting opportunity for a Water Treatment Application Engineer to join the team working in the North London region. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary plus benefits.
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, is looking for a Water Treatment Application Engineer to join its industry leading Nalco Water team. If you are a passionate professional that enjoys interacting with customers and likes to work in an autonomous environment, we invite you to apply. You will be joining a talented team that supports water treatment applications for a variety of industries. In this position, you will manage and develop long standing client relationships, with an intense focus on exceeding client expectations and driving service delivery. You will have a hands-on approach to service and deliver value through developing and managing technical projects to solve customer problems.
- Ensures compliance with all Nalco Water Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Build strong relationships with the customer contacts.
- To work under the direction of the Account Manager and ensure the high value focused service is completed.
- Ensure the specific service plans are executed correctly as per the requirements.
- Communication of the service reports directly to the customer and the Account manager ensuring actions noted along with consequences.
- Monitor and order chemical stocks as required to ensure no stock outages.
- Prepare information to support Business reviews.
- Supporting the sales organisation, liaising with customers, sales reps in field and Corporate Account Manager to deliver a high quality customer focused service key to customer retention.
- Ability to work on dosage and control equipment and effect minor repairs to ensure operational ability is maintained
- Responsible for working independently or with the Area team to deliver high quality value based analytical service on cooling/ Boiler/ waste water and process systems associated with the above industries.
- Ensuring compliance to all contractual KPI’s are achieved and feedback to the Account Manager accordingly.
- Ability to plan their own time and work in an efficient and effective manner with a customer focus whilst always putting safety first.
What’s in it for you:
- You will join a large growing company and work with some of our leading customers
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will plan your own schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Enjoy a paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Comprehensive benefits packages in line with market and industry standards
- Receive a company service vehicle for business & personal use
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path in service, sales, corporate accounts or management
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
What you will do as the Water Treatment Application Engineer:
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representatives in strategic district accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance and continuous improvement plans
- Assist Sales Representatives with plant surveys of prospective customers
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts
- Develop strong relationships with the key stakeholders in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer pain points, escalating as required
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels;
- Support services include: Sample testing, light maintenance, customer service, service report generation, chemical ordering, chemical inventory management, general labor activities
- Follow Ecolab safety guidelines and incident reporting requirements
Ecolab offers a world class training program designed to provide the tools and resources for you to be one of the best in your field.
This position requires successful completion of the in-field and classroom training program to maintain employment.
Water Treatment Application Engineer minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry
- 2 years of technical service or field sales support experience
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
Water Treatment Application Engineer preferred qualifications:
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience;
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to sell value-added products to customers.
- Carry aptitude and confidence to deal with large national and multi-national customers
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience working with MS Excel Spreadsheets.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Water Treatment Application Engineer then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!