CyDen is a British Health and Beauty company and the leading developer of intense pulsed light (IPL) hair removal devices for use in the home. Our electronic beauty products are distributed worldwide into household and medical markets under globally recognised brand names. The potential for home use devices is huge and, as well as hair removal, there are opportunities to expand the use of the technology into skin rejuvenation, acne treatment and other beauty applications.
Whilst we currently contract out manufacturing of our products, our latest model will be assembled at a factory being developed in Fabian Way, Swansea. This will create a number of new factory-based positions.
Reporting to our Director of Quality & Regulatory, the Quality Engineer will be a key member of the team at the very start of our production activity. They will work closely with our production team to develop the quality system for our packaging, assembly and warehouse activity. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining appropriate quality instructions, specifications and standards;
- Working with purchasing to establish quality requirements for our suppliers, acting as the key contact with suppliers on quality issues and improvements;
- Undertaking goods inwards checks of Certificates of Conformity and inspection of quality critical components;
- Supporting quality training of production staff and acting as a quality mentor to the production team;
- Undertaking patrol inspections of product quality throughout the assembly and packaging operation;
- Performing audits of the production quality system;
- Recording and investigating nonconformance (product and system);
- Supporting resolution of quality issues, tracking and reporting on progress of corrective and preventive actions;
- Managing the shipping release process for all finished products;
- Managing all aspects of customer returns, including analysis, reporting and progressing corrective actions;
- Ensuring effective control of non-conforming items;
- Maintaining all required records and performance indicators, analysing data to support quality improvement.
- Experienced in managing quality in a manufacturing environment under a comprehensive quality management system;
- Good understanding of GMP;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Able to critically evaluate and summarise complex data into simple messages and actions;
- Able to challenge issues in a constructive manner, providing appropriate training and support to improve;
- Organised and methodical;
- Positive and motivated.
- Experience of managing quality in an electronic product or medical device assembly operation;
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic and/or Mechanical Engineering;
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485.
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, Control Plan, FMEA, CAPA, NPI, Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), MRP, GD&T
Salary and Benefits
Hours of work – 08:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free parking
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the apply button, quoting ‘Quality Engineer’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 17th April 2018