Retail Development Manager
Job Title: Retail Development Manager
Job Grade: TBC
Reports To: Regional Retail Manager
Location: Field based - to cover North West (Manchester, Oldham, Liverpool)
Salary: £30k pa + car + benefits
To proactively develop and drive profitable sales growth across the Region through positive relationships built with Members, Suppliers and Colleagues throughout the NISA Team
To support and work with the RRM to develop and then implement Region Strategy, Budget setting and Forecasts that drive the 5 Retail Pillars = Recruit, Drive, Retain, Profitability, Team
Key Result Areas:
* Recruit: Deliver the Budget for both Store numbers and sales growth
* Drive: Deliver the Budget for L4L sales growth
* Drive: Deliver the Budget for both CEV and NPS scores in order to drive both the Brand Standard and the Customer Experience
* Drive: Implement the call cycle, adherence to it and its effectiveness to deliver "scale and impact"
* Drive: Deliver the agreed target for any Retail Priority or Initiative that is implemented through the year - "Closing the Sales gap"
* Retain: Deliver the retention Budget for both Store numbers and sales lost
* Retain: Deliver the Member Satisfaction Target
* Profitability: Deliver the Regions EBITDA Budget
* Profitability: Deliver the Rebate % to Sales Budget
* Team: To have a complete and working Performance Management and Development Review including the 9 Box Matrix, 4 P Analysis and a Development/Career plan
* Team: Deliver the Colleague Survey improvement target
* Support the RRM with the development and implementation of the Regional Strategy, Budget setting and Forecasts
* Develop, Drive and Deliver the 5 key Retail Pillars - Recruit, Drive, Retain, Profitability, Team
* To actively implement the NISA Vision and Values
* Provide Retail & Sector Insight to drive action, activity and best practice
* Drive a step change in profitable sales growth across the Area
* Build positive relationships that deliver profitable sales growth between Members, Suppliers and Colleagues throughout NISA
* Drive proactive, positive and constructive Member Engagement in order to maximise Member participation in and Member satisfaction with NISA
* Actively identify the changing needs of Members and develop solutions which best meet their needs
* Work with the RRM and other RDMs to create and deliver solutions that drive profitable growth, share best practice and enable cross functional collaboration
* Implement the Member call cycle and review process, increasing engagement, sales and profitability
* Advanced knowledge of the retail industry, product categories and market dynamics
* Good experience of sales and development strategies and actions
* Good Retail experience gained at a number of levels across a multi-site Retail operations
* Good experience of leadership, remote management and driving performance remotely.
* Good experience of building and managing key accounts and member relationships
* Good knowledge of operational processes and support.
Skills & Competencies:
Advanced Relating and Networking
* Easily established good relationships with customers and staff
* Builds wide and effective networks of contacts
* Relates well to people at all levels
Advanced Deciding and Initiating Action
* Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people.
* Takes initiative and works under own direction.
* Initiates and generates activity and introduces change into work processes.
* Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Advanced Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
* Focuses on customer/member needs and satisfaction.
* Sets high standards for quality and quantity.
* Monitors and maintains quality and productivity.
* Consistently achieves goals.
Advanced Persuading and Influencing
* Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.
* Promotes ides on behalf of oneself or others.
* Makes a strong personal impact, whilst taking care to manage impression on others.
Good Planning and Organising
* Sets clearly defined objectives.
* Manages time effectively.
* Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
Good Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
* Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends
* Identified business opportunities for the organisation
* Demonstrates financial awareness, controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value
* Good Formulating Strategies and Concepts
* Works strategically to realise organisational goals
* Takes account of a wide range of
Good Formulating Strategies and Concepts
* Works strategically to realise organisational goals.
* Takes account of a wide range of issues, across, and related to, the organisation
Good Presenting and Communicating Information
* Expresses opinions, information and key points if an argument clearly
* Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions/feedback
* Projects credibility
In order to apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to continue your application. Please ensure you include details of your current remuneration package.