Senior Corporate Governance Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Corporate Governance Manager to join the team based in Wilmslow, Cheshire. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a salary of £33,586 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
As an independent regulator serving the public, the Information Commissioner upholds information rights for all. The ICO does this by promoting openness in public bodies, as well as data privacy for individuals, using our powers to enforce the law where necessary.
The Senior Corporate Governance Manager role
This role offers the opportunity to join the ICO at an exciting time of growth and change, and to play a key role in ensuring that an excellent corporate governance service is in place to support decision making, risk management and Board level discussions.
Senior Corporate Governance Manager responsibilities:
- Working with the Private Office Group Manager to determine and implement corporate governance processes, ensuring these are efficient, effective and fit for the future
- Reviewing, embedding and promoting risk management
- Managing the ICO’s internal audit programme
- Ensuring corporate reports are accurate and focused on strategic priorities and goals, ensuring actions and decisions are agreed and implemented
- Providing a highly efficient, professional and comprehensive confidential secretariat support to the key decision making committees
- Being involved in some of the most important issues facing the organisation.
Our ideal Senior Corporate Governance Manager:
- Organised, efficient and able to work to deadlines with an excellent attention to detail
- Proactive approach is fundamental to success
- Able to work with, and anticipate the needs of senior leaders and external stakeholders
- Experience of line management is also required as the role will manage a small team
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- A degree of autonomy and decision making
- Excellent written communication skills
Why work for ICO? The ICO offers:
- Flexible working hours, including flexi leave
- Civil Service Pension Arrangements
- 25 days’ paid holiday a year with options to buy, sell, and bank days
- Extra “privilege” days in addition to normal public holidays
- Compressed working-hours options
- Part-time working and job sharing.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Health cash plan
- Colleague assistant scheme
- Access to many discounted products and services
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Staff medical scheme and eyesight testing
- Home working possible (after probationary period)
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 16 April 2018
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Corporate Governance Manager then please click ‘Apply’ today!
The ICO is committed to Equal Opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.