Power Electronics Engineer
Power Electronics Engineer:
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Power Electronics Engineer to join a company that is involved with the design and development of motors and motor drive systems for the electric vehicle market place.
The role will involve concept generation, feasibility studies, generating new ideas for improvements to existing systems and getting involved with test, development and validation of prototypes too.
You will be working in a multi-skilled engineering team of other power electronics engineers, electric machine, mechanical and software engineers and under the leadership of a very experienced power electronics engineer.
You will be involved primarily with Inverter design (e.g. LV but typically 10kW to 100kW) and perhaps some PSU / SMPS design (e.g. 12V, 24V flyback)
If you thrive on ongoing research, enjoy a creative environment and love autonomy then this would be a great team to join.
Skills / Knowledge Required:
- A degree, master degree or PhD in a relevant subject area (e.g. electronics engineering)
- The company will consider graduate junior engineers with relevant project experience as well as research associates through to more senior engineers as there are two openings.
- Experience involving SMPS, PSU or inverter design and development would be required
- Candidates should be capable with Schematic design capture and simulation and circuit design (Use of tools such as Mentor Graphics DX Designer and PADS or similar)
- Able to write technical specifications and reports
- Able to support hands-on prototype development, test and validation in the lab
- A genuine interest in automotive electronics / electric vehicle systems would be preferred
Any of the following:
- Experience of motor drive inverter design,
- Sub 50W isolating multi-rail PSU/SMPS design experience,
- Experienced in design of feedback and driver circuits design within an inverter,
- Familiarity of inverters for EV, HEV applications.
- Knowledge of automotive and LV standards would be useful
- Involvement with design reviews, FMEA and FTA would be great
- Understanding of high reliability and safety critical systems would be great
Experience of the automotive industry would be useful but candidates with experience of power electronic design gained in other industries are welcomed (e.g. avionics, aerospace, defence, marine, power & energy, laser / high power electronic systems, industrial variable speed drives, communications, medical, rail etc.)
The company's systems are high reliability and safety critical and focused heavily towards the automotive domain hence preference would go to candidates that understand the rigorous demands of the industry and the robust requirements of each component.
To apply for the role of Power Electronics Engineer, please click APPLY now and send CV.