Production Shift leader
Production Shift leader
CyDen is a British Health and Beauty company and the leading developer of intense pulsed light (IPL) hair removal devices for use in the home. Our electronic beauty products are distributed worldwide into household and medical markets under globally recognised brand names. The potential for home use devices is huge and, as well as hair removal, there are opportunities to expand the use of the technology into skin rejuvenation, acne treatment and other beauty applications.
Whilst we currently contract out manufacturing of our products, our latest model will be assembled at a factory being developed in Fabian Way, Swansea. This will create a number of new production positions.
Reporting to our Director of Operations, the Production Shift Leader will be a key role, with responsibility for a shift of up to 20 staff, running assembly, packaging and warehouse activity They will be the senior member of staff on our production site outside of dayshift hours. As we are at the very start of our production activity, they will need a very flexible, hands-on approach to the job as our process evolves, with a real opportunity to contribute to how it develops.
Leading, engaging and training their team, working collaboratively with other departments, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Achieving the required production schedule, with staff organised and competent to efficiently achieve production targets;
- Assuring the health and safety of staff, contractors and visitors, ensuring workplace risks are identified and safe systems of work are in place and adhered to;
- Achieving required quality standards, through ensuring clearly defined procedures, specifications and standards are in place and adhered to;
- Developing and maintaining effective workplace organisation, with housekeeping of the highest standards;
- Ensuring that production equipment is effectively maintained;
- Working to agreed budgets and promoting a culture of cost efficiency;
- Implementing tools and techniques to enable their team to contribute to continuous improvement;
- Managing formal disciplinary, grievance and absence reviews where required;
- Undertaking assembly, packaging and warehouse operations when required.
- Experience in leading teams in a production environment, responsible for all aspects of the operation: safety, quality, output…, working in accordance with a quality management system;
- Managing safety in a production environment, e.g. risk assessment, safe systems of work;
- General secondary or vocational qualifications (e.g. GCSEs, BTEC Certificate) including Maths & English;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- FLT Licence (or willingness to be trained).
- Experience of working in an electronic assembly or automotive/aerospace production operation;
- Qualifications/training in Leadership and Business Improvement Techniques;
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety
In addition, the successful candidate must be:
- Results focused, organised and methodical;
- Pro-active and collaborative with a problem-solving approach to issues;
- Able to engage staff in achieving business objectives and improving business performance;
- A positive role model, firm and fair in managing people issues, treating staff with dignity and respect;
- Prepared to be flexible in the range of tasks required of them to support the business.
Salary and Benefits
Once production grows to expected levels, basic working hours will be a two-week rotation of 06:00 to 14:00 and 13:45 to 22:00, Monday to Friday. However, initial hours will be dayshift, 08:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday.
- A salary of £22,750 when working dayshift and £25,025 when on the two-shift pattern
- 25 days’ holiday
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free parking
To Apply please send your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the apply button, quoting ‘Production Shift Leader’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 16th April 2018