Commissioning & Servicing Engineer
- Full Time
Commissioning & Servicing Engineer
Preston, Lancashire (office/field based, with travel throughout the UK and abroad)
Are you a hands-on engineering professional with experience of repairing electro-mechanical industrial equipment? Want to take on an exciting, new challenge as a Commissioning & Servicing Engineer? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
Established in 1979, our client has grown to become a market-leading manufacturer of plastic extrusion control equipment.
A true engineering firm, they produce and develop all the components for their leading systems, from design to manufacture.
Now, they are looking for a Commissioning & Servicing Engineer to join their passionate team in Preston.
- Excellent/negotiable salary DOE
- Company vehicle
- Eligibility for a travel bonus when you complete overnight stays (after probationary period)
- Private pension contribution (after 12 months)
- Extensive product training
- Small and friendly team
- Develop your career with a well-established company
- 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
Whether you’re just starting out in your career or are a seasoned professional, our client will provide you with the training and support you need to realise your full potential.
Once you join the business, you’ll discover a positive, team-oriented environment where employees share their knowledge and work together to deliver a first-class service.
As a Commissioning & Servicing Engineer, you will install and commission electronic/electro-mechanical control systems at customer sites throughout the UK and abroad.
In this diverse role, you’ll liaise with customers regarding start up schedules and the progress of new installation projects. Specifically, you will:
- Install and commission new installations
- Perform warranty and fault-finding work on existing equipment
- Provide technical support, repair and preventative maintenance services
- Control the requirements for spare parts
- Train customers in the use of systems
To join us as a Commissioning & Servicing Engineer, you will need:
- Experience of working with, and repairing, electro-mechanical industrial machinery and/or systems
- An industry recognised qualification in industrial electrical engineering
- A valid passport and a full, valid driving licence
- A practical mindset
- A flexible approach to working hours
Ideally, you will have a HNC level (or equivalent) qualification in an electrical or electronic engineering discipline.
Our client is eager to hear from candidates with experience as an Electrical Service Engineer, Electrical Commissioning Engineer or Maintenance Engineer.
Candidates with experience as an Electro-Mechanical Service Engineer, Maintenance & Repair Engineer, Senior Maintenance Technician or Installation Engineer are also encouraged to apply.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you’d fit in with this hard-working team as a Commissioning & Servicing Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.